how much will people pay for signed throws?

autocorrect assisted me, but you are right i did lose the battle against technology. they’re, to, too and the like that have mutliply uses and spellings should be at least used properly, i guess thats to much to ask. :slight_smile:

Why not just sign the box? The yoyo could still be played. The yoyo won’t lose it’s value because the box was opened. I won’t pay more for it just because the box has been signed, but it seems like a nice in between. Imo if a yoyoer is there for yoyoing they wouldn’t charge you to have them sign your yoyo box. If they are asking for you to pay some fee just so they could scribble their name on a box, you shoudn’t be asking them to sign it. Having a signed box is a lot better than a signed yoyo because most of us keep boxes anyway and the yoyo could be played like any other without any worries.

1 Like

The purpose of having someone autograph your yoyo is to add sentimental value to YOUR yoyo, not to make a buck on the bst. It’s a momento of meeting your yoyo Idol.

It would maybe add physical value if the yoyoer passed away or something like that. Maybe.

1 Like

I don’t like the idea of signing throws. Sort of like asking somebody to sign it just so you could sell it for more value. But it’s a whole different story if you had it signed and you wanted to sell it because you didn’t like the way the yoyo played anymore or something like that.

This.

It’s fun to meet the throwers you see tearing it up on video and when you meet them, it’s nice to have something to mark that day. But, seriously, how much did you think Jensen’s autograph was going for?

IMO, the only thing worth signing is trading cards, for the reasons mentioned in this thread. Maybe boxes as well. Y’know, things you don’t play or use.

I don’t think I’d pay much more. I’m a true fan of a few people, as players, but that’s it. The signature is sentimental to me, if the player signed something “for me.” If I was not there to authenticate the signature, I just don’t personally value it the same.

My favorite of them all. He picked out the color too. ;D

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8098/8365693642_01ccd16db5_z.jpg
trinity by The TotalArtist, on Flickr

Most notably, the CLYW Peak.

The Anti-Yo Bapezilla used to go for crazy prices on the BST.

I’ve seen some of the more iconic yoyos from the 90’s go for pretty high prices.

No-Jives can be, depending on the edition.

And lastly, old Duncans can cost a lot, depending on who you buy it from and the model of the yoyo.

1 Like

I remember seeing something on here about Jensen signing a Chief and then afterwards he said he was sorry for ruining it :smiley:

As most people said, I would pay no more for a signed throw. And also just like some said, I would probably pay less. It’s somebody who is good at yoyoing’s name on something you’re going to be playing with. There’s no point in getting it signed. One, because you should play the yoyo. if it’s signed, all of the sudden, “Oh no! Leave it in the case because the name makes it special!” No, you should use it, not treasure it because it has a name on it. Just like Studio42 said. Two, it’s just the signature of someone who’s good at yoyoing. Not much value in that. In my mind, again, just like many others who posted in this thread, that would take away some of the value for me.

I would pay more for Higby Painted yoyos.

That’s technically his special way of signing yoyos

I wouldn’t buy a pre autographed yoyo. Maybe if I had a Zach Gormley edition Summit, or a CHKNSTRPS edition, And if I saw Alec or Zach at a contest, maybe I’d ask them to sign it… But I wouldn’t buy an already autographed throw.

I wouldn’t sell a signed throw.

I traded for one, but it was a great deal aside from the autograph anyways.
My code 2 for mdev1’s bonechip and tyler severance signed g5.

For example. I have a cool Harold Owens the III edition Catalyst. The yo-yo has Harold’s signature engraved on it. When I met Harold at PNWR, I asked him to sign it. He signed right over the engraved signature. That was pretty dang cool. No way am I ever trading away that Catalyst.

I saw Bryan Figueroa at Starbucks and had him sign my Fiesta XX. He’s my favorite 4a player.

I also had Jensen sign my Chief because he’s a really cool guy and one of my favorite yo-yoers. I can look at these yo-yo’s and remember the cool people I met and the memories of my first contest.

These throws have more sentimental value to me now. That’s why you ask someone to autograph your throws.

I also like getting the trading cards signed. I have a cool collection of signed trading cards now. Pretty awesome.

If someone has a wooden yo-yo signed by Pedro Flores I might have some spending cash available.

I’ll get right on it. Anyone have a pic of his sig? :wink:

1 Like

LOL :smiley: