How much do you yoyo a day?

I try to yoyo when I can without sacrificing time that I should be doing something “important.” Sadly, the thing I end up sacrificing most to yoyo time is sleep. I try not to go much more than an hour at a time, but some nights it’s more. What feels like the healthiest yoyo time for me is when I’m out at a park and the kids are doing their own thing so I can yoyo without feeling like I’m avoiding anything but my phone.

7 Likes

Yeah probably actually like an hour
I try to more
It’s just hard with school and everything
And robotics just started so that’s slot of time

2 Likes

:arrow_up: This Is The Way

Aiming for Eight Days a Week

7 Likes

A few hours easily

3 Likes

Depends on the day. Least an hour

2 Likes

it’s been 30 minutes to 2 hours-ish lately. I never force myself to practice, only if I want to, but practice time’s been going up lately!

3 Likes

i try my best to yoyo more, but i’ve been averaging about 30 minutes a day. seems like i should up my numbers reading this thread

2 Likes

Recently it’s been like 5-15 minutes a day if that. Been really busy.

4 Likes

Wait; you guys yo-yo every day? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Pretty much all my free time, probably about 5 hours or so today

3 Likes

Working in a school I do have lot of free time, finish work at 3:30 and I live 10 minutes from my work place.
I do around 3 hours a day everyday of mindful practice literally taking care of what I am practicing, create combos to film, new tricks and new elements and then around 2 hours after dinner of free throwing and smoothing out combos and even more in the weekend, love to be lost in the loop even more when I am creating combos.

8 Likes

Summertime: a lot, several hours

Wintertime: not as much, I’m happy if I get a half hour.

Actual answer: never enough

4 Likes

In all seriousness, I probably play around 30-45 minutes a day.Mostly broken into 15 minute intervals during - or between meetings (I work from home).

5 Likes

That’s awesome and helpful to hear from someone as proficient as you are. That’s the real ticket, and pretty realistic. deliberate practice can get you far. I hope to one day be as good and fluid as you are, homie

3 Likes

if I get in over 30 minutes, it’s an excellent day :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot mate you are very kind.
At the end of the day I think that more important than “how many hours” is important “HOW” you practice.
You can do 10 hours and pass 8 of them between your phone, snacks, smoke break etc etc.

Mindful practice with a goal is much more useful, even if it is 30 minutes, if I am working on a combo I do not have breaks until I achieve a satisfying result, sometimes I think I reach a satisfactory result to change it maybe the day after.

I think is all part of the travel, also the “messing around”, after dinner I do love just to play, why not also grab my 888 and just mess around with simple stuff.

I think everything has to be divided in moments some more “serious” than other, this is how I see this game and in this way I love to practice as much as I love to mess around

7 Likes

15-30 min. Mostly pre work some times in the evening while watching a show.

1 Like

This right here! I feel exactly the same way. I work on a new trick and grind it out 20-30 mins. Then I find the next day it happens very quickly. There’s a fine line for me where too much is counterproductive, but if I’m having FUN throwing at the moment, I don’t resist!

2 Likes

Lately 30 mins to 1 hour a day. 2-3 hours a day on the weekends

1 Like

3-7 hours a day

1 Like