How much damage does it take?

How much and what type of surface damage (nicks, dings, etc) does it take to actually affect play?

Enough to notice…

Well the texture of the yo-yo could be so rough that it just slices your hand! I would think with enough weight taken off of one side it could start to vibe or tilt more then usual.

When it looks like this ;D

2 Likes

Looks like yoyospirit’s been walkin’ the dog on the sidewalk a lot. :wink:

To Qozux - I think you’re obsessing too kmuch on this. The ding you show here:

http://yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,45997.0.html

is really just a minor flesh wound.

2 Likes

What the heck happened to that?

Fun.

The answer is fun… :wink:

Man, that is one old picture haha.

You’re just removing the anodizing through friction from the concrete!

Let’s face it, you were gonna strip and polish it anyways!

It’s a picture I took from Paul Dang lol.

Thanks haha. Mostly I’m just trying to learn everything I can. I played all the time in the late 90s, but hadn’t picked it up again until a couple months ago.

yoyospirit - I’m guessing this is a dumb question, but does that amount of damage effect the way it spins?

if its a new yoyo any sort of noticeable ding bothers me… so i know where youre coming from… but… it also makes it more fun… after a while you stop noticing the ding and stop worrying about other dings as well. if it still plays fine youre 100% fine and you’ll forget you even had dings on your yoyo.

i got a dang recently and was being very very careful with it… then i hit my hand and it came apart in an airport and bounced all around the tile floor and put some decent scuffs in it… i put it together and did a courtesy throw to make sure it was still dead smooth… check… everything good, now ive never had so much funn yoyoing :slight_smile:

Honestly, something like this might only add a bit or no vibe at all lol.

Took a nice chunk out of my Asteroid today by hitting the asphalt in a parking lot…Luckily it’s only a 15 dollar throw :wink: Still plays like a total champ, and I figured a chunk of missing plastic would have more effect than scratched metal.

I want this. So bad.