How many languages do you understand?

I can understand as well as write Hindi, English,Telugu, Marathi.but I was not good at speaking anyone from those. I want to know from you guys and I want to find out who in this forum knows many languages.

2 Likes

I’m fluent in English and Spanish, and close to fluent in German.

2 Likes

I mean now we have Google translate.but did you learn all those languages by yourself? I mean especially Spanish and German?

1 Like

I learned English and Spanish growing up, and I’m currently take German at college, after 4 years of high school German classes.

1 Like

Oh ok in college I took Sanskrit which is similar to Hindi but different pronounciation.

1 Like

I’m learning French! J’aime le yoyo!

5 Likes

Ok And what does that mean?

I like yoyo!

3 Likes

I speak English, and I have studied Spanish, Koine Greek, a very small amount of French. I now am learning Latin.

3 Likes

I would love to learn Koine Greek and Hebrew. I can somewhat understand Spanish. I use to speak it, but I haven’t had to in several years so I am pretty rusty.

4 Likes

My mom likes to say she’s almost conversational in Spanish.

I always respond with: “I’m almost conversational in English.” :grin:

2 Likes

I can understand Spanish at about a 4 year old level, but other than that English is the only language in which I can properly communicate in. I like being extra-literate in one language and have never had much interest in learning others.

2 Likes

I can speak English & Portuguese. I can read Portuguese but can write it.

I can understand Pig Latin at a 150 year level.

3 Likes

Spanish is my native language. And judging by my online interactions, my english is pretty much fine.

6 Likes

I’m fluent in English, German and Hungarian. My French is getting questionable, since I haven’t really used it in a while.

2 Likes

Sir I also know you at 150 year level.

1 Like

What you are telling is true.i believe in you.

1 Like

On your own?

1 Like

Good. Do you know any Indian languages?

1 Like