How many ceiling dents do you have?

While throwing some Eli Hops I added yet another crater in my drywall. 8’ ceilings in the office just aren’t tall enough for hops… guess that makes 4 dents and one ceiling fan.

Well what about you, how many dents do you have? And/or what have you broken with a yoyo? :rofl:

• 1 dent. I learn quick.
  • 2-5 dents. I just can’t help myself.
  • More than 5. I have a serious problem.
  • 0 dents. I am proud to say my ceiling hight is very high, I am very short, or I don’t yoyo inside. There is no other excuse allowed.
  • I plead the 5th… please don’t make me admit what I have done.

0 voters

4 Likes

no dents, but i have hit the ceiling twice for minor paint transfer to the yoyo lol.

6 Likes

I’m pretty careful about the ceilings, but the walls get hit on occasion.

2 Likes

Same here.

@Roman_Soup, may I suggest aiming the Eli Hops in another direction? Like maybe towards the side instead of upwards. I think it looks cooler and it avoids hitting the ceiling. The only issue is that it takes a bit to get down.

1 Like

One day I’ll get directional hops. One day.

I can hit 'em up and slightly off (like maybe a 115 degree angle? :person_shrugging::rofl:) but the side ones are my nemesis.

It’s like magic drop… one of those things that should be easy, but for whatever reason my brain just doesn’t work that way. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

It’s a light/fan fixture that gets the brute of my damage.

2 Likes

This one happened awhile back during 5A May. :rofl:

4 Likes

Honestly I won’t say it should be easy, it’s actually pretty damn tough, especially when you have gotten used to the timing and rhythm of regular upward Eli Hops. You have to delay moving your hands together a lot more than usual to get the yoyo to move towards the side. The yoyo needs to be almost perpendicular to the ground when dismounting from the trapeze before you pull your hands together to get the yoyo moving towards the side.

2 Likes

This one was fun, the fan blades were removed a long time ago.

9 Likes

Fixed axle february was what did me in. Shoot the moon may as well be renamed “shoot the ceiling.”

8 Likes

That is one trick I don’t do inside at home unless I literally practice on my knees lol

3 Likes

I’m short enough that I can get away with it if I bend my knees, although sometimes I don’t bend them enough because I have a habit of scraping the floor on regens when I bend my knees too much.

There’s no winning for me with 0A. Anything immediately above and below me is in danger.

1 Like

10 &12 ft ceilings here. No dents.

2 Likes

Saaaaame. You can only see them at a certain angle, but it’s the exact angle of my wife leaving the office after her shift.

4 Likes

One dent - replaced two lighting fixtures due to other tricks

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVc-1nyFFth/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

4 Likes

Actually I hang from the ceiling…. So I mainly have dents in the floor🙀

Yep, I’ve done that.

9 Likes

I love that you can actually make out the shape of the yoyo :joy:

7 Likes

I had a few dating back 5 or six years, mainly from front side around the world part of the Dennis McBride roller coaster. Just recently had the room painted so all’s well (for now).

2 Likes

I’ve got drop ceilings in my basement office so no real big deal there. They just lift. :slight_smile:

I do have one TV under my belt. Hotel room, smaller space and one got away from me. I played my karma card and came clean at the front deck. That one cost me a few bucks. Turns out those hotel TVs are a bit expensive as they aren’t standard. The manager split the cost with me ($800) because I was honest.

It was funny explaining that I have a yo-yo habit. :crazy_face:

5 Likes