How is the 888x?

Getting a lot of that from u. A lot of ur posts are unneeded rude or annoying

Dayyyyummm I felt the heat from that burn through my iPad. Well said nardcopter.

These arguments are fun to read. Overrated? Underrated?

Perhaps the thing the original poster should take note of is the many differing opinions on whether the '08 is better than the '09, etc.

That was five years ago. That probably sums up the 888 best.

In the end it all comes down to you. You are the one spending the money. If I were you (but I’m not) I would look at the yoyo and see if it fits your preferences. You aren’t limited to our opinions or suggestions.

You can have whatever you like. Yeah. - T.I.

The 888x is an excellent yoyo. It (and the other 888 variants) have earned their place in yoyo history. It has won tons of contests, is one of the best selling metal yoyos ever, and has more spin offs, adjustments, and different versions than just about any other yoyo.

While it may not no longer fit the criteria of a “competition throw”, it’s still very good. You won’t be disappointed.

Now I beg to differ just a bit… You’ve said many times before that throws are all about preference. Personally I prefer full sized. It’s not that I can’t throw under/over sized, I just don’t enjoy them as much, and many people feel the same way. If undersized yoyos are becoming obsolete, it’s solely because peoples preferences are changing. It isn’t the fault of players, it’s because newer more developed throws come out. They happen to be full sized… It’s also pretty well known that undersized yo-yos don’t like to spin as long, with a few exceptions. The 888x and all other versions are great, don’t get me wrong. However, I have an excellent throw because I play flat bearings normally, and I even I find that 888s can tilt near the end of a longer combo. Last, I’d like to point out that 888’s may not feel incredible to everyone. Just bear that in mind…

Actually I’ve just decided to ignore everybody’s posts and take the 888x off my wishlist. It looks like a cool yoyo to me, but I think I’d rather get a Di-Base 2.

Alright maybe I was a bit hard on him, but I’m trying to prove a point. Just sometimes I feel like he is talking and talking but nothing is really coming out of his mouth, just a bunch of blah.

Wait, yesterday you said you were getting a summit, didn’t you? Or are you going to lower it down to a couple throws?

Okay guys, calm down…

I feel u man.

I use the forums as a means to get new ideas for yoyos I might like. Then I research the good sounding yoyos.

From my research I’ve made a list of yoyo’s I’m getting and in what order.

Summit
Another Loop 1080
A One (for newbies who want to try yo-yoing)
A Di-Base 2, or a Capless (or some other C3 yoyo)
After that I don’t know.

Thanks for the help! (and weird long drawn out arguments)

Yah, I hate these stupid arguments in forums…

So dont cause them

How did I cause them?!?! I just said I dont like it then SR called me an idiot and you guys pilled on!whatsever, im done with this thread.

No, it’s not because you said the yoyo was bad. It’s because you didn’t give any information as to why you think it is bad. Earlier, I stated I didn’t like the 888x, but I had opinions and facts to back up my claim. In your post, you sounded like what you said is fact, not opinion, that what you are preaching is the only, final answer, and that your word is the end-all-be-all.

No hard feelings, there’s no harm done. Maybe just add a tad more detail so these misunderstandings/arguments don’t happen again.

Even though I did not like the 888x, it is still smooth, and functions well, but it did not suit my preference. A lot of people think the 888x is “bad”, because the '07 model set the bar very high, and set a new trend.

Guys maybe yoyo143 didn’t make the most perfect post on why he didn’t like the 888x, but does it really matter that much?

^ it really doesn’t.

Yeah, in the end, it’s all just a silly argument about toys.

I must say that the 07 888 is good.

And the 888x with Nubs is awesome. I hate it with hubstacks