how in the heck do people go so fast?

Ok, iv been yoyoing for forever now, and i can’t seem to be able to go as fast as the people in competitions. when i try to the yoyo almost always looses stability, tilts, and falls over super fast. :’( Do i just need to practice going as fast as possible? Any help guys? Thanks.

Practice your throw.

do you mean throwing it harder or just making sure its centered, because the string seems to almost never touch the sides

It’s all about hand and eye coordination.

yup i also try going fast but i try to practice it with trapeze then trapeze and his bro, then i add other things little by little.

you just need practice , not every thing is about speed i prefer more complex moves than faster

You need to have a good coordination of your hands…
And practice makes perfect…

Every people have different style…
I like smooth and slow…

me, i like mine a mix of fast and slow, and if you want your style to be “fast” then you should start slow and slowly work your way to being fast

Try, learning a trick that is easy to do and then speed it up (like matrix). My first speed trick was a Lindy Loop Combo. Then if you can do that fast then you can do other tricks fast of that element. Then, do the same thing for other tricks with similar elements.

No… no it’s not.

Muscle memory is the biggest factor.

Just do your tricks and you will grow faster in time.

It’s also a matter of trick construction.

I’ll never yoyo quickly. The tricks I do aren’t made for someone who is a quick yoyoer. When I do a trick designed for a fast yoyoer, I tend to do it quicker than the tricks I am more comfortable with.

Why?

This is a good question. Because certain elements are fast, and some are slow. If you’ve got something ridiculously awkward in your trick, it might be good to slow up for this move, thus slowing down your trick. If you can work around this move, and alter your trick slightly, you’ll move faster.

cool, thanks for the help guys, (or gals if that be the case) :slight_smile:

@Samad

Just out of curiosity, why is muscle memory the biggest factor?

First of all, you don’t need the the “@ Samad” thing. Just click on the quote button right next to the thank you button.

Back to the question, I think muscle memory plays a big factor because when going fast, you sort of need to know where the yoyo is going to go and catch it when it gets there. Speed play isn’t that hard IMO with a llittle practice and repetition(building muscle memory)

i know all about muscle memory. i use it all the time in international trapshooting, aka bunker trap.