How i polish yoyos

Polished a few more Dunks and made a little how-to!

23 Likes

Fantastic!!

2 Likes

Nice Work.

Tip…utilize a bench vice to hold the drill securely, in essence, enabling you to use both hands simultaneously while polishing. Also utilize a zip tie, bread tie, velcro strap, or other like kind similar apparatus to actuate-hold the trigger on the drill.

1 Like

Oh trust me, i know that would be ideal. I just moved and my welder, vice and allll my shop tools are in storage while my new garage be being built. So the drill it all i got at the moment, but i also did that on purpose for this so people can do it with minimal tools since not everyone had access to a good vice, but almost everyone can get their hands on a drill. The best way would be to do this on a lathe.

2 Likes

This has been added to Useful modification & maintenance guides -- clean, repair, tune, fix yoyos

Nice work, thanks.

4 Likes

Niiiice! yye level up!

1 Like

Really gorgeous work. The Dunks generally don’t appeal to me, but these … these are masterful. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen any companies come out with these beefy-to-the-extreme faux rims. Maybe polishing requires too much effort for scale?

3 Likes

Thanks dude! Maybe, i don’t know the ano process but magicyoyo does some smaller fake rims. Can’t be too hard to make them fatties.

1 Like

Great video, super informative. Thanks so much for making and sharing.

1 Like

Welcome! Glad you found it helpful! I’m not good with words so half way through i almost backed out of making it.

Nah man you did a nice job!

1 Like

Got inspired to polish

4 Likes