How has yoyoing benefited you?

Ok, so we we hear all the time about the calamaties of the yoyo community, the frustration of yoyoing, how their expensive and all that jazz. But I would like to know, how has yoyoing benefited you in ways other than just providing entertainmant?

For me, the first thing to mind is that it has given me a good replacemant for video games. I still play them, but not as much. It also gives me something portable to bring with me when i need to kill time.

yoyo benefited me by me creating a name for myself within my high school. everyone knows who i am. i have been asked to participate in my school play to yoyo. i have met new people, made good friends, and find something that i’m good at and love. my school acknowledges who i am. i am no longer just another student. i am the yoyo guy at my school.

To be honest, not much. I basically do what I did before. The friends I have at school I know, not from yoyoing, but the classes and programs I do there. If I just quit, really nothing would change, other than the fact I would have a couple extra bits of cash from not buying :P. It just really hasn’t impacted me much :-\ :-\

| (see blog)
| pretty much everything i’ve put in there for the last 2 years
| is about how awesome yo-yoing has been for me.
v

Been at it for like 2 weeks but so far it’s made me pretty confident in front of strangers. I’m an introvert and am extremely shy when it comes to performing task in front of people. But seeing people be amazed by all the basic tricks I can do waiting for the public bus makes me feel pretty awesome. Now I don’t get nervous when I perform in front of other people.

It’s benefited me by improving my patience and hand-eye coordination. I used to get angry at anything that didn’t happen within 3 seconds and now I’ve learned to wait and things will happen naturally. Also, I used to be the biggest goof ever. Now I’m one of the most coordinated people at my school and can track what my hands are doing without even thinking about it.

Well it’s reinforced my belief to never give up, keep trying until you get it, and when you do, wow, what a revelation!

Also, it’s a major stress relief, so relaxing! There’s something about the hum of the yoyo and being totally in control.

http://www.yoyoexpert.com/forums/index.php/topic,23437.msg235670/topicseen.html

YES!!!

It made me popular in and outside the school… It improved my hand and eye coordination!

Most of all… I met new friends with it!

I wouldn’t be typing my post here if I’m not into yoyoing…

It gives me a hobby, so that I can do something meaningful during my free time instead of lazing around.

Well…i have a new reason to get ridiculously frustrated. It has shown me that i have TERRIBLE hand-eye coordination…also…it has given me several busted knuckled :slight_smile: what a fun hobby this is! n ;D

1 i have a new way to kill myself
2 i have a new way for my mom yo luagh at me when i snash my knuckles
3i got a girlfreind using 1a 4a and 5a
4she also laughs when i smash my knuckles
5 cured my boredism
6 now ive got another way to get poed

Yoyoing has benefited me by helping me to neglect my homework and not study for my finals. School work is a lot funner when you’re yoyoing instead.

Well, for one thing it has allowed me to meet so many cool people. At the yoyo meets and everything, so many really nice people that are willing to help me become a better player. Thanks to everyone!

Well, everybody knows me as the “YoYoKid” of my school. Also, not as much T.V. watching, so my eyes say thanks!

I stayed out of jail! :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool.

Many of the same sentiments here.

How have you used yo-yoing to benefit others?

1 Like

To make people smile and feel good. :]

Yoyoing

1. made me known as the “yoyo guy” in my uni
  2. gave me a hobby to kill time.
  3. let me meet a bunch of awesome people!
  4. lets me kill stress
  5. allows me to make people shit bricks X )

I’ve learned to blame myself before I blame my tools for inadaqucies. It can be easy to say that what you are using is the reason for not being able to do something, but yo-yoing has shown me that it is not the yoyo that is at fault, but myself.