how does nickle coated yoyos play compared to others

Well I’m allergic to nickle sadly. But always wanted to know whats are their pros and cons. Just curous.
I can play them just cant hold it on dark skin like my palm,bottom of foot can touch it but the back of my hand cant

How do you buy $0.05 gumballs then?? ???

To my knowledge, it’s purely aesthetic. It’s not thick enough to add any noticeable weight (it’s something like 150 microns thick).

1 Like

I can touch nickles with my palm but I can’t wear belts and other metal accessories due to the fact most metal on clothing is at least 20% nickle but yoyos coated in them mean my palm could break out if i hold it for long (as learned at va states) and grinds forget about it.
kryptonite to sups is nickle to me

That’s crazy, I wonder if I’m also allergic. Two of my belt buckles make me break out just after a couple hours against my skin. I usually tuck a tshirt in my pants so it doesn’t contact my skin.

I’m quite allergic to nickel and have been throwing nickel plated yoyos since the first MarkMont. I’ve never once had a problem with it and I highly doubt anyone else with a nickel allergy will either. Think about it like this: your belt buckle touches your skin much more often than a yoyo will be touching your hand. At least 95% of the time you spend with the yoyo will have it spinning and not touching your skin, so unless you plan to hold it in your hands for a few hours at a time you won’t notice any irritation at all.

thanks!
Now to save!

The nickel does add weight unless you modify your design to account for nickel, but the weight added is not necessarily a static amount. I weigh every yoyo I purchase and the nickel versions have always been heavier.

Two nickel plated models I have also owned a non-plated version of are the Code 2 and Y-Factor. In both cases, about .5 grams (y-factor) and .75 grams (Code 2) were added to the nickel versions and feel noticeably more solid.