How do you mod a yoyo to make it sleep longer (help please)

Does anyone know how to mod a yo-yo that is ball bearing so that it sleeps much longer. I know there is a way I just would like a detailed guide or video. If you put up a video please make sure it has commentary so that I understand what is going on in it.

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Clean the bearing or clean the bearing. Then go work on your throw.

1 Like

no i mean mod it. i know how to clean it

What yo-yo is it?

You could add weight rings but really all you need is to clean the bearing and work on your throw.

Have a look at this video:

This works with any Duncan yo-yo(assuming that’s the kind of yo-yo you have). Basically, all you have to do is unscrew the caps off both yo-yo halves and put an even amount of sticky tack or clay or something similar to both halves. I did this to my Speed Beetle by using playing cards as weight. Improved spin time and made it less responsive.

As mrcnja said, it depends on what yo-yo you have. Different mods can be done to different yo-yos.

1 Like

thx i think now i just need to find that clay stuff.

well i have the speed beetle, but what im curious about is how you would use playing cards to make the sleep time longer, or well atleast add weight, cause i mean i would have never thought of that, i just dont know how

…you’re necro posting dude. i put a differrent kind of clay and cleaned the bearing.it sleeps pretty long now.(throw monkey)

The ‘practice mod’ >>>>>>> any other mod.

Kyle

work on ur throw and ckk bearing

Or you could just work on your throw.

This.

I bet any thrower with a good throw and a stock Mosquito could out-throw you and a…DV888 or your modded whatchamacallit.