🎧 How do you like your cans?

@hejjafish saw that you were on the Head-Fi forums! Spent tons of time browsing around there back in the day. What are you rocking now?

@Saber that looks sweet. Does it automatically switch to headphones when they’re plugged in?

1 Like

Si, it does

1 Like

I’m more of an in ear guy. I have a few sets. My main squeeze is the hyla he-5 through ibasso dx150 balanced. I listen to Oriolus mk2 and 64 audio u4-se on the side for a change. They all have pretty fantastic bass

1 Like

Right now my go-to is my Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H4. Great sound for the comfort and battery life.

Prior to that I sported the first gen VModa Crossfade Wireless (still have them paired to my iPad for multimedia) and before that, LOVED my VModa XS until headphone ports disappeared from phones. I also have a pair of AKG K240s with Brainwavz cushions in my home office when I used to game on my PC (retired my rig since it’s outdated and I don’t game like I used to). Also Astro A40 and HyperX Cloud.

Sadly, they don’t see much use these days. I don’t spend nearly as much time as I used to listening to music. It’s mostly podcasts, YouTube, or audiobooks streamed through one of my Echo devices. And usually when I’m commuting around NYC I’ll travel with my BeatsX wireless earbuds for convenience (though I’ll still whip out the H4 on the rare occasions I go into the office).

If I used them more, I’d definitely be interested in grabbing the VModa Crossfade Wireless IIs as they’re supposed to be less bass-heavy with really good battery life. And I’ve always been interested in the original Sennheiser Momentum. But right now, I can’t really justify the cost given how little I use my current collection.

4 Likes