How do you carry around your yo-yos?

Not to step on anyone’s shoes… but I thought the only “bi-metal” YYJ came out with was the Night Moves. Bi-metal meaning two metals.

But we still call metal-rimmed bi-metal. I believe I se a DM, a hitman and the lime green one is a bit hard. My best guess would be an X-ConVict. But I really can’t get a good hold of the shape and sidecaps are gone. Samad, you are now obliged to tell what yoyo it is.

I think it’s an X-ConVict.

That was my guess, White is DM, Dark Blue HM, and Green X-ConVict

I carry mine in my pocket or create a loop in the string and bull-knot on the loop on my pants

Yeah, I think he got the X-ConVict (and Aquarius) from his friends who used to yo-yo.

Oh yea! Jason and Justin!

Does that sound stalkish?

I belieive you can call it Bi-Metal because of this: (Lets take a little latin review)
During P.E, in the locker rooms, me and my friend were discussing yoyos (while we are taking off our pants…huh)

Anywhoozle

I brought up the subject of how people disagree with yoyos like DM’s, HM’s, etc being bi-metals. (Also realize this - We are also in the same science class, so we have to learn the same latin words for class)

So this is what he said:"Bi means two (or double) - Now when you see most YYJ’s, they have two pieces of metal…correct? So if Bi means two, and metal is…well, metal, cant we call a DM, HM, 'vict, etc Bi-Metals because they have two pieces of metal?

I dont know if this is correct, but I feel this provides a decently good defense…yeah.

Anyway, to answer the original question:
White: Dark Magic
Blue: Hitman
Green: X-Convict

Also, Justin and Jason dont yoyo anymore. I used to use their Aquarius for 4a, but I stopped - I now do 2a ;D

But with that principle, wouldn’t the yo-yos technically be quad-metal? You have the two pieces of metal and the bearing and axle.

Ok, My definition is Bi-Material. I can see all ways but I just think of Bi-Metal as 2 materials.

Well “Catch 22” is considered a bi-metal by yyn, and it is made out of 2 metals ::slight_smile:

Finally someone stood up for the name. Why can’t we just call them metal-rimmed/hybrid yoyos?

Not all their yoyos are Hybrid. I’m gonna say Bi-Material now.

Yomega bag with custom foam. Thats just storage. at Nationals '07 I took that case and another that hols 9 yo-yos. I thought that was just to much yo-yos to lug around. At this years PNWR I only took 2 888s One on a F.A.S.T. yo-yo holder and one in my pocket.

Well at any rate I’m glad I was able to stir up so much conversation about bi-material yoyo’s ;D

Kevlar, in addition to your argument, there are also the metal threads in each half bringing the total up to 6.

Samad, good defense…

I’m sticking with the bi-metal label for yo’s like the night moves, and catch 22. Why can’t we call them a hybrid?