How Do we feel about Metroid Dread?

7 Likes

The feeling of tension in Dread is stellar

3 Likes

I bought a Switch on New Years day. I’m so glad that I did. Official Nintendo made games are exceptional. That’s what I bought a Switch for.

8 Likes

Your comparisons to Sci fi movies of yesteryear is so on point.

1 Like

IIRC in Alien:Resurrection they bring back Ripley and she is embedded with Alien DNA. Yet another likeness.

Also was the space pirate Ridley named after Ripley? :thinking:

1 Like

No, Ridley was named after the director of Alien. Ridley Scott

1 Like

Oh duh, :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I never played a metroid game yet, is it worth it?

2 Likes

Absolutely!

The game is challenging, but not impossible- I love a good challenge. Smooth graphics and game play. The way they streamlined movement is excellent, and the feedback in the rumble of the controller is on point. They nailed the atmosphere of this game.

Around 15 hours on my first run. I’ve been slow milking it since release in October. Just final boss and escape sequence to go(I think)

IMHO The only thing lacking was the opening sequence, I felt they could have given true cutscenes to outline the games history - not just panning screen shots. But that feeling disappeared quickly.

3 Likes

It most certainly is!! This is perfect for introducing a newer person to Metroid. I very been a fan since the 1st game back in '86-'87.

1 Like

Loving the game…Sadly haven’t had much time or energy to play it lately as I’ve been slammed/burned out at work but the game is a lot of fun and quite the challenge. Bosses require some “git gud” moments but after a few attempts of feeling out their patterns, been able to take them down.

2 Likes

Taking the fight to RavenBeak!

2 Likes

It’s Varia guud

2 Likes