How do i make my metal/plastic yoyo smooth again when i hit the ground

I have few yoyos that was not smooth anymore after i accidentally the hit with it and i don’t know how to make my yoyos run smooth again, especially metal yoyos as well, So how do i make it smooth again?

Do you mean they now vibe, or are you referring to the scratches you feel on the surface?

7 Likes

What he said ^^^^^

If you are talking about dings there is a few options.

You can sand the area where the damage is the an equal point on both sides of the yoyo, however this is very hard and shouldn’t be used unless the yoyo is already VERY damaged.

For most knicks and dings the best you can do is tune the yoyo. This means lubing the bearing, new response pads, and maybe an axle swap.

2 Likes

The best method is prevention. Keep a “banger” to use when you are yo-yoing in places where it may get dinged, or when you are learning tricks and may loose control. Use your nice, new yoyos is safe areas and on rugs or carpet.

Along the prevention line, maybe you’re trying to use too long a string, if you find you’re hitting the ground a lot? Of course, if you really just like long strings, I guess you just need to accept more dings in your life.