How did you find Yoyoexpert?

Same here.

When I was first getting into really throwing, I looked up “yoyo” on the apple app store. This came up and I downloaded it. I lurked around the forum for a few days, but I joined soon after and the rest is history (:

I tried logging into my old YYN account after a while of not playing yoyo as much, only to find out yyn had been shut down or whatever happened to it. So I was allll like… “Dang” then i googled and here i am. Idk how long ive been here. Like a year or so. I like the site, its the only place i go to. Its been real. Hahaha

A friend of mine got me into yoyoing. He told me about YYE so I tried it out. This is the place where I have gotten all my yoyos.

I signed up on the forums because my friend told me he was on it. Then I decided it would be cool to have an account as well. I was right.

BTW, is the point of this thread to make it become a “sticky?”

One dark and stormy night, while performing internet shennanigans, an ominous shadow crossed my screen. When things cleared I saw the YYE insignia flashing. I had not found YYE but it had found me and now …here am I. Spooky! (or I may have been looking to purchase a yoyo)

I don’t know, it probably should be sticky so everyone sees it and tells how they got here.

But I’m just curious and think something like this should be around.

I was referred to by Jason Banales from Team MF.

My friend got me interested in yoyoing and he bought me a ONE. He showed me YYE so I could learn how to bind. Made an account about 6 or 7 months later

Once upon a time in a magical land of old fashioned playthings, I came upon a certain arrangement of toys. This magical land was actually an old fashioned country store. I was searching for something that I could afford and also that I would be interested in. I searched and searched, and I happened to come upon a mischievous toy which most of you here would call a yoyo. I thought, “Well, maybe I’ll learn a few tricks!” So, because I was on vacation, I went back to the lake house that my family was staying in. I googled yoyo tricks and came upon the expert village yoyo trick tutorials. I learned trapeze that very day on an old wooden fixed axle yoyo. You can probably imagine how excited I was too learn this amazing yet simple trick.

Then I gave up.

Soar 6 months through my life and you bring me to a day when I was bored looking up random youtube videos. I stumbled upon a Duncan Metal Drifter unboxing/play video and I was hooked. I ordered a DMD and I relearned trapeze and other basic tricks. I kept playing and playing.

Zoom a couple months forward and you bring me to the day that I couldn’t find any more tutorials on expert village, so I decided to continue the adventure most of you would call “Googling”. I came upon this wonderful website which we all call Yoyoexpert. I found out that I was mistaken and that there were more expert village tutorials, but I loved the lay out of this website so much that I decided to stay here and use the learn section here because I love how organized it is.

Then I made a forum account. The members here were extremely kind and helpful to me and proceeded to traverse the roller coaster of me becoming a member and learning about the magical world of yoyo. I learned. Some would say I learned to fast, some would say would call me a brat, some would say I have a natural talent, and some would say I was born to do this. I would say it’s all of the above. Well, I’m not amazing at yoyoing, I do it for the fun, but I yoyo, and that’s what matters.

Oh, also,

Hello again, miss me?

Forced to go here when YYN was dwindling.

I bought a yomaga from toy’s r us and hit youtube for tricks . I can remember listing to some review , And writing down all the online stores the guy was talking about .It took a few months of buying and looking around on the site , before I first clicked on the Forum link .
But it was youtube in the first place that sent me running to toys r us . After I saw what was possible with a yoyo , I said That’s for me . :slight_smile:

I had gotten back into yoyoing in 2010 after a few years away from the hobby (I was big into yoyoing at many points in my life) I was looking at my yoyo’s one day and decided to see what was new and exciting out there. I googled “modern yoyo” and both YYN and YYE popped up. I decided to check out a few tutorials and looked on the forums a bit. I joined YYN, YYE and the One Drop forum. In looking at where these locations were I saw that YYE was local to me. I emailed them and made an appointment to check out a few yoyo’s that I had been interested in. I went up that Saturday and bought a CLYW Campfire (I was throwing the Mini Moto and Motrix a ton). The rest kinda goes from there…

I did not really have much of a forum presence at first (I was more active at YYN) but after they kinda went down I came back to the YYE forms and have been more active since…

Yeah man.

1 Like

When I was younger (not sure on the age really), I was playing with this yoyo that my mom got from some event, you know, just like a little promotional thing that was being handed out. Well, I wouldn’t stop playing with it, and my dad started looking up stuff about yoyos for me, and found this site. I looked at it and thought it was cool, but never checked it or looked at it after that day again, and stopped yoyoing just after a month or two because I was still a kid and didn’t think much of it. Then a little less than two years ago, I found my old yoyo, and remembered that there was a site about it, found it eventually, and the rest is history. :slight_smile:

Y-y-y-y-ya.