How come all of my yoyos are becoming responsive!?!?

I must admit to a bit of surprise. Lighter fluid usually contains some odorant and wax and other crud that makes it less than ideal for thorough cleaning, so I was on board with the synopsis.

However, carb cleaner is also a mixture of several chemicals, some of which seem likely to leave a residue! Mineral spirits or acetone are purer substances to do a good cleaning with.

But I gotta admit… hard to argue with results!

Haha, if you do it properly, water even works, with dawn dish soap of course!

That used to happen to me all the time. What I would do is just go ahead and buy KK’s for all my yoyos and break em in and then play them for like a year then replace again.

Im not telling you to do this because it’ll consume all your money, but Im just saying.

Lighter fluid is what I use, and it works fine.

Is it possible it’s the string maybe? If the string is too thick it will make the Yoyo responsive.

I have never cleaned a bearing… Never needed to I keep them “clean” on their own…

I just lube them from time to time and never unscrew the yoyo… Tried and true and works for me…

10 Ball’s and KK’s are what I play… No issues ever. My oldest bearing is going on 2.5 years in my Y Factor and still plays dead smooth and unresponsive… It has never been cleaned…

Just sayin…

How on earth do you lube if you never unscrew?

Something to be said for this, mind you.

Many people play their bearings without the shields with no issues. The issues can range from “lazy”, to “easier to clean and maintain” to “don’t care” and even “they didn’t come with shields” which can also be true.

I personally prefer to have the shields on my bearings. I like knowing things are buttoned up inside and out. However, even with the shields in, stuff can still get into the bearing.

My recommendation is to not worry about it. Next time just be a teeny bit more careful.

Check the bearing seats, clean them with rubbing alcohol if they’re not clean. I suggest getting a konkave bearing.

HAHA Yea I can see how my post can be read. I meant to say I ONLY unsrew to lube the bearing. Which is very seldom anyways. A little V4M goes a long way… I have had my Majesty for almost 6 weeks and I just opened it for the first time this week…