How can you touch up your scratched/dinged yoyos?

There are usually testers at the beauty supply or whatever, try them on an index card or if you have something that is a similar color that would be best because you will be able to see how the dominant color of the yoyo affects the color of the nailpolish.

Sharpies as said before work best on light scuffs

Actually, yeah some of them do go out and ding their yoyos. I’ve seen people purposefully drop their yoyos on the concrete to give them a beat up look, much like kids like “distressed” jeans.

Someone actually said they like the dings on their yoyos. I guess I just don’t quite get it, but to each their own.

^
I am one of those people. Unless I am planning to sell the yoyo (which has only happened once) I try and ding it as SOON AS POSSIBLE. After a while, you get soooo attached to said yoyo. When you actually ding it for the first time, it feels like an enormous weight has been lifted. But before you ding it, you’re afraid to play over concrete, in a kitchen, abnormally close to an oven cough cough and you just aren’t playing with your brand new yoyo to its fullest if you cannot enjoy it outside of a carpeted area. Not to say I beat up my throws, I just like to do some 5a Aerials until one of them gives the yoyo a ding. I just hate hearing CLUNK and grab the yoyo to check it for dings…but that’s just me.

Does your yoyo come up and hit your ring every time you bring it back up? If so, you may just want to consider throwing the yoyo lighter. Most metals will still get plenty of sleep time if you throw semi-lightly. If you throw lightly and bind, you can catch it with the tips of your fingers so it doesn’t hit your ring.

why not just put the ring on the other hand? or the yoyo on the other hand :stuck_out_tongue:

of course i am not married, and i do not know if some people think that it has to be on a specific hand or what ever, but if that is not the case, do this.

and Paolo, stay on topic. who cares if he does something you disagree with, he is asking for help. if you dissagree with it, then don’t post.

Wedding ring goes on the left hand. If he changes hands with the ring/throw it won’t matter. My lefty still manages to clink my yoyo while doing tricks, I haven’t gotten anything that wasn’t able to be buffed out by a cotton cloth and some polish. I only wear silver though as I’m allergic to gold.

Wear the ring around your neck on a string?

Lol like freaking’ Frodo Baggins

I say keep it on your hand, so people will be like “Floating yoyo stuff! Dance party!” Old oversized boombox appears

Thanks for the suggestion, but my ring is on my left hand not on my throw hand (right hand). It’s not that it hits my ring when it comes back to my hand, it hits the ring randomly when I’m doing Spirit Bomb, Rewind, Double or Nothing-type-tricks.

When I juggle I wear the ring on a necklace. It’s designer tungsten carbide, so I’m not worried about scratching it whatsoever. It can withstand ALOT. I’m just worried about losing it. I lost it out in the grass in the middle of the yard at night one time after I put it in my pocket. When I took something else out of my pocket the ring fell out. I was lucky to find it.

That made my day.

Actually,

I feel that each individual has their own preferences. Some may like to keep the memories of the journey in yoyoing, while some may want to keep their yoyos in good condition. There is no right or wrong.

Anyway, going back to the topic… Is the problem solved yet?

Yeah I agree, as I initially said, if you don’t like to touch up your yoyos, if you like your yoyos to have that “distressed” look, that’s cool. I just prefer mine touched up. As far as the actually “touching-up” goes, it’s an ongoing process, trial and error to see what works best. I’ve received a lot of great ideas, ranging from Sharpies, Paint-Sharpies, to Nail Polish, to Touch-Up Paint.

As far as the color I don’t fix that, but if a ding is particularly jagged I’ll use some 1000 grit sandpaper to smooth it out. As far as wearing your ring and protecting your yoyos I’d use a nylon glove for that hand. Easier to put on and take off and no smudging your ring.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars? Then your yoyos must cost AT LEAST tens of thousands each, hahahahaha

Uh, no. Just no. Someone else said that common people put hundreds of thousands of dollars into their vehicle. I said I didn’t know of anyone personally that puts hundreds of thousands of dollars into their vehicle, and that I know people who’s cars are so cheap that they could trade it for only 10 yoyos. Meaning their vehicle costs less than $1000. Not nearly the $100,000s that the other person said.