How can I turn my Duccling Responsive

How can I make my Duccling responsive? Or must I learn to play unresponsive? Thanks for any help.

1 Like

I imagine enough thick lube or silicone grease in the bearing ought to do the trick. And maybe some thicker string?

2 Likes

Thanks. I will give that a try. I put in thicker string. I just need to check out what lube I have. I am a novice.

1 Like

You can use Vaseline or any petroleum jelly as thick lube as well.

2 Likes

Thank you. That I know I have.

1 Like

The bearing appears to be sealed. I don’t yet have a bearing puller, so haven’t removed it from the yoyo, just unscrewed the yoyo. Where do I put the lube? I don’t want to ruin the pads.

2 Likes

A standard A size bearing is
5 x 10 x 4mm
part number MR105

I imagine a 5x10x3mm bearing with I’m guessing a 8 or 10mm m3 set screw probably would do it. Might need shims too. I would need one to experiment

1 Like

Just repeatedly pack the lube into the side of the bearing and clean up the excess with a paper towel. Even if the shield is still on it will work. You will need to remove the bearing though. You can use the back of a drill bit (not sure what size for A bearing) to remove the bearing or use a towel and some pliers to carefully remove.

1 Like

Thick lube you can put on the sides of the bearing and allowed to slip past the shield .

Grease or Vaseline same concept but make sure to cleanup the bearing a bit as it’ll be messy

1 Like

Duccling Specifications:

Diameter: 36.56 mm / 1.44 inches
Width: 25.60 mm / 1.01 inches
Gap Width: 3.40 mm / 0.13 inches
Weight: 53 grams
Bearing Size: Size A
Response: Small Bearing Response Pad
Material: Brass

|Designed in:|Canada|
|Released:|March 2024|

Thank you.

1 Like

I put on the thicker string and after a couple of tries, I got i to partially return, so I assume thick lube will do it! I really love this group. Everyone actually tries to help!

7 Likes