Hot tricks

So I’m new here, curious on what the hot trick of the week or month is lol, dumb question but I figured I throw it out there

4 Likes

Welcome, dude. I’m really new to this place, and you in general also.

This place is AWESOME, and the whole community is great, nothing but good vibes.

4 Likes

Thank you!!! I appreciate the welcome! It definitely seems awesome! Anything about anything dealing with yo-yos seems this is the place to be!!! What have you been throwing recently?

2 Likes

Ya dude, you’ve got the right idea. This is by far the best place for all things yoyo, and it’s not even close. Stick around for a bit, you’ll see. And its super active, like almost unbelievably so, for as much of a niche as yoyo is.

I’d recommend a quick check of the rules if you haven’t already. Mostly standard stuff, but there’s no cussing/flaming/being a general d-bag allowed here. I didn’t read them when I joined, and accidentally dropped a four letter word or two in one of my first few posts, and was informed that wouldn’t fly. So don’t be stoopid like me.

I’ve only got a few throws so far, but I’ve been drooling over the top of the line boutique stuff online a lot, and will definitely be buying more and more as I’m able to.

Right now I’ve got (In order from favorite to least) a YYF Shutter, a MYY Purple Line, a MYY n12, and a MYY node. I really do dig each one of them, and all but the Shutter were under 20 bucks including 5 strings, bag, and a glove.

What about you dude? Tell us a little about yourself. What are you throwing? Any tricks you’ve bailed so far?

Hang around and you’ll see just how cool this place can be. I’ve never experienced anything like it anywhere on the internet. Welcome!

4 Likes

I think right know, there really isn’t a hit trick.

2 Likes

24/7 beefhook

4 Likes

Yo I totally feel ya man, I don’t have time that kinda drama, I am 37 years old lol, been there done that, I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis in February of this year my neurologist actually suggested that I pick up a yoyo you know it’s good for my hand-eye coordination and I threw yoyo in high school when I was in like 11th grade I was throwing around Duncan butterfly that was what I think maybe 1998 man I’m old anyway but now when I pick them back up I can’t believe how much they the evolved it’s crazy but I’m so addicted man I love it I got 22 of them so far and I’ve been yoyoing for about 10 months, I kind of went to old school and I started with a responsive yo-yo because I was told if you can do a lot of the tricks with a responsive yo-yo without snagging when you go to Allman sponsor of your playing we so much cleaner I’ve been playing unresponsive for 3 months now I think I appreciate you stepping up and you know welcoming me to the community and giving me the updated situation on how things go I’ll definitely be on a lot

4 Likes

Sorry that some of sentences don’t make sense, my voice texting stinks, for a 1000 phone you think I would be able to voice text with no problem. Lol ttyl

3 Likes

Well I just got the I yoyo iceberg, I am love that thing!!! Ya cant go wrong with the 888 with the rice stacks, mines 2007, not a 2008, I always throw that at least one a day, I usually keep the heist in my pocket if I am going out, it’s small hahaha, I’m trying to bind a finger spin, I have it on video I am going to upload later if I can I look so stupid trying to bind it and it won’t catch, oh and BTW I Am A LEFTY!!HAHAHA

4 Likes

The weirdest yoyo in my collection would be the magic yoyo desperado I like it but it’s very long, that was the best yoyo to learn Eli hops on, I’ll bet it’s great for 4a play

3 Likes

I have an extra magic yoyo n8 if any is interested 20190108_081344

3 Likes

I just want to bind a finger spin!!! I’ve been throwing nothing but finger spins for the past 2 week all day!!

2 Likes

I had one of those but it got stolen :pensive:

1 Like

Do you want it?? I’ll give it too ya

3 Likes

I have a Desperado. It definitely is my most unique throw and takes some finesse.

3 Likes

I personal messaged you

1 Like

Mines very NOT Rim waited at all it’s goofy I kind of like it though LOL

3 Likes

It’s amazing for Eli hops!!

1 Like

You seem super stoked on this hobby, dude, that’s AWESOME. Especially if your doc said it’d be good for you.

Really sorry to hear about the diagnosis, man, it seems like that kind of stuff only happens to the best people. But it really seems like you’ve got a great attitude about it, and that’s the most important thing. I can tell you’re not letting it turn you into a victim, using your illness as an excuse to check out. I for one think you’re awesome for doing so.

Anywayyyyy, that n8 interested me when I was buying my original few yoyos because of the unique design. It seemed huge from the pics online, is that so? Super cool of you to offer to hook someone up with that thing. That’s exactly the kind of thing the other people here will do, and the general feel of the community. Super generous and helpful as far as I’ve seen so far

You’re gonna fit right in :slight_smile:

And I hope this doesn’t come off the wrong way, but if you could try to use paragraphs or some sort of punctuation on longer posts, they’re a lot easier to read. I know that I’m personally just borderline illiterate haha, but I have trouble getting through walls of texts. You have good stuff to say and it’s suck if anyone missed it due to format.

Keep on keepin on dude!

3 Likes

When binding a finger spin make sure you aim higher than the yoyo. Gravity and what not.

2 Likes