Horizon profile

the profile of the horizon yoyo is weird to me. i wanted to get one but just haven’t gotten to it.

what do you guys think the profile is?
yoyofactory-horizon-yoyo

6 Likes

I would say it’s an H-shape.

see, thats how i would go but i think its a mix of V and H

I’m super not into that profile shape at all. That being said, I’m sure it plays fine.

The Horizon is a big, heavy yo-yo that is super stable and allows you to keep playing even at very slow rpms because it doesn’t start wobbling out of control. The profile is kind of a modified V. I tend to like smaller, lighter throws, but I love my Horizons, I throw one almost every day I am at work, and to the limited ability I can do any horizontal tricks, it has been the best I have found for that. You have to be real careful though, I wouldn’t want to catch one in the face.

7 Likes

Mostly a V shape; remember H is primarily about the angle from response to rims.

1 Like

Looks a lot like the MY k7

1 Like

The Horizon is such a classic. The OG fingerspin/grind monster. I love it, someday i’ll get another one or two just to get extras. It’s one of the most pleasant heavier-feeling yoyos i’ve played. And a lot of that feeling doesn’t even come from it being heavy, it’s just the fact that is so rimweighted that amplifies that feeling.

4 Likes

Absolutely agree with everything said about the Horizon. One thing I don’t really hear people mention too often, or perhaps not at all, is how good it sounds during play. I feel that, out of all non-titanium yo-yos out there, the sound quality on the Horizon is by far the best.

Now, if only Yoyofactory made a titanium version with the same capabilities. That would be a dream come true.

3 Likes

Horizon is a great yoyo, but the OG finger spin/grind monster is the X3 Aware.

1 Like

The Horizon is a unique throw. There are other yo-yos that will finger spin easier and longer, but the thing about the Horizon is the the way it handles for the rest of the trick after the finger spinning.

4 Likes

The performance and power of the OG horizon always amazes me! It would prolly be an all time favorite if the weight didn’t leave me a little sore after extended throw sessions. It could just be that I’m getting old though. The ultra solved this issue, and it too is outstanding, but doesn’t have quite the same magic as the OG imo. I only wish the ultra had the same fingerspin bowl without the little centering dimple. It’s definitely easier to land a finger spin on the ultra, but I’m unable to pull off the more difficult fingerspin tricks on the ultra like I can on the OG. @paulkerbel is probably who I’m most exited to see throw at worlds though so I could be biased on this subject. :grin:

3 Likes

this yoyo can get you hella buff

1 Like

I with you. I feel like every time I go to buy one I see that profile and chicken out.

i have quite a few Horizons and this, unfortunately, has not been my experience…