Hope everyone is having a great year!

Been super busy with my film business but I’m back on the grind! How has everyone’s year been so far? What tricks are you working on?

18 Likes

A fun trick with my favorite bind

18 Likes

Finally got that Beefhook to actually hook!!

Im slugging along with TAW here on YYE.

4 Likes

Lets go! Proud of you my friend… I knew you could do it. Keep up the great work, I believe in you

2 Likes

Literally thousands of misses until the other day and it just started to click. Now I’m almost 9/10.

Keep up the good work my friend!

4 Likes

Thats what I like to hear​:pray::pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

I’ve recently made it a plan to start uploading trick clip dumps to youtube. I want my trickset to become a lot more complex and interesting this year, and I want to devote more time to other styles, so I’ve been playing a lot of 5A and möbius recently. The more complex I can get my 1A, I feel like the more interesting ideas I can try to bring into/expand upon with 5A/möbius.

I’ve also been painting a lot more this year, I’ve put out one “finished” painting each day this year. So far I’m 72 for 72. Some recent ones I’ve liked, all are ~3"x6". It’s never good to just have one singular hobby/skill imo, being well versed in multiple things helps you mentally keep everything fresh while feeding you new ideas and perspectives. Practicing art more has definitely helped me progress in yoyo and understand more what I’m looking to accomplish with yoyo.

17 Likes

Your skills are getting insane and the art looks great! I want to practice mobius as well

3 Likes

good to see you on the forums cotton!

havent had a ton of time to play, but ive been grinding on the TAW thread, still working on the Angel2Up slack tutorial. SO CLOSE to getting the whole trick down.

i’m also working on a new trick called not buying yoyos. i’ve gone 1 week now without buying a yoyo, if i can make it to friday thats 2 lol

4 Likes

Let’s go! I need to learn that soon as well. I can’t remember the last time i bought a yo-yo. I’m doing good but i will pick up the plastic 000

4 Likes

Big into working on my tech combo in anticipation of the PNWR. I know I’m not going to get far seeing as how that will mark like my 4th month of yoyoing but I’m going there to learn and meet some of the people on here.

Currently have it composed of:
Laceration into trapeze into trap-and-bro slack revolution back to trapeze to Eli hops to Kwijibo into branding into Buddha’s revenge into crazy 8s

5 Likes

You’re going to do great. Dont focus on the results just focus on figuring things out and having a great experience :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Good to see you back and thriving bro

1 Like

Yessirrrr :purple_heart:

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, what do you do in the film world? Sounds dope you get to travel and all that!

1 Like

Alot of music videos, short films, commercial work

2 Likes

What’s that final bind called? Any tutorials out there for it?

2 Likes

Learn the talon grind bind then just do the same thing but in your hand

2 Likes

Perfect. Thank you so much!

Planning on going to Nats this year? @Theycallmecotton

1 Like