Home-Brewed Accessories Official Topic // Starting to mod :)

What’s up guys! This is DG, and some of you may know that I’m working on DTT as well as an accessory company known as Home-Brewed Accessories.

I’m going to be taking HBA even further by starting modding.

The things I’ll be able to do are pretty simple for now.

-Satin (For Either Plastic or metal)
-Reshapes (Possible. I’m not sure what the limits are, but I’ll find out :slight_smile: )
-Sili Recess
-Plastic Dyeing (In the future)
-Plastic Painting (FHZ’s, Hayabusas, or any other Polycarbonate yoyo)

I still have to test Sili Recess, but I’m pretty confident I can do it.

Current Projects:

YYJ Atmosphere (Older Version, Black)
-Satin (Body is finished. One more rim to go)
-Reshape (A slightly more comfortable shape. One more half to go)
-Bearing Seat Repair (Finished. The seat was squished, and I managed to fix :slight_smile: )
-Make it groovy, baby :slight_smile: (I’ll be attempting grooves. I’m not sure how just yet, but I’ve got a good idea that I’ll toy with on my DV888)

As of right now, the plan was to fix the originally broken Atmosphere and toy with it, and so far, mission: success :slight_smile: :slight_smile: It works just like it did before :slight_smile: The bearing seat is just right. A bit tighter, but that doesn’t mess w/ anything. I have no problem tightening and loosening. It’s just right :slight_smile: Its looks are much smoother IMO, and the satin adds a better grind surface. Next step is finishing up and retouching for a unique, 1 of 1 Atmosphere :slight_smile:

YYF DV888 (2010, Gray)
-Satin (Only Body and rims)
-Polish (Not sure what to use just yet.)
-Add some different, unique looks to the yoyo (Not sure yet)

I’m not sure what all to do yet, but the top 3 are the ones I’m doing for sure. This will probably be a keeper or a cheaper seller, due to a bearing seat issue that makes for a higher precess rate than usual, but do not down this. I’ve used this yoyo since August, and it still works as a casual yoyo.

Upcoming Projects:

FHZ Sili Recess and Painting
Not sure when I’ll start this, but I’ll be toying w/ FHZ’s and painting them. I’ll talk more when I obtain one.

Anyway, I know for sure that, since this is HBA, All mods that are sold will be shipped in a handmade duct tape case :slight_smile:

Anyway, since some of you haven’t seen them, here is a pic of the cases:

(These were the first ones. I assure the quality is better :wink: and if you look at the last one, you can see the V3, and it is smooth :slight_smile: )

I’ll be sure to post pics and possible vids of both the Atmosphere and DV888 when they’re finished.

That’s all for now.

Due to a previous mishap, and the constant removing of the axle, my DV888 has sadly met its end. Not due to the modding - the first satin was a success, and I even tested the yoyo w/ one satined side to ensure it worked.

So, if any of you have a spare 2010, USA made DV888 half that’s not beaten to death, hit me up. I will try and buy it from you :slight_smile:

Anyway, I just ordered a Freehand Zero and a Shinwoo Techno 2, so expect some sort of paint job on the FHZ, and possible a custom cap fro the Techno 2 ( If I can get them right :slight_smile:

Updated Projects:

FHZ:

•Silicone Recess
•Custom PaintJob
•Custom Caps

For this, I’m doing a semi-deep Sili Recess, and a black w/ red splash half and a khaki w/ blue splash half. (Caps will either be painted, or I’ll find a way to make custom)

Techno 2:
•Black Silicone Installment
•Black Dyeing
•Custom Caps

I’ve order a white w/ black cap Techno 2. As of now, the plan is to ditch the pads. After that, I’ll be dyeing it a smooth black :slight_smile: After that, I’ll install black Silicone. To finish it up, I’ll add custom caps :slight_smile:
(Custom Caps will be printed, glued on, and clearcoated - I think I should clearcoat, to ensure they stay on :slight_smile: )

Both are receiving special names and art.

For the FHZ, it’s a pretty simple one: Vader Vs Skywalker Edition :slight_smile:
As for the Techno 2, it’s a semi-classy name: Go Black Edition :slight_smile:

As of right now, this will be the Techno 2’s Cap art. I went with a Checkerboard style, blue SW and T2 color, and for the HBA logo, stuck w/ our usual red :slight_smile:

Oh, and the curly art beneath the HBA logo is the art from the actual Techno 2 Caps. I simply outlined and made the shape :slight_smile:

If you don’t like the cap Idea, tell me, and I’ll simply dye the caps black for a true Piano Black Yoyo :slight_smile:

Well, good and bad news.

Good: THE YOYOS ARRIVED!!

Bad: Problems w/ the FHZ.

However, this won’t be a huge setback. :slight_smile: After all, I’m taking my time. I’ll be going to get some rit dye and acetone sometime soon to dye the Techno 2 :slight_smile:

I must say, I’m impressed with the level of the Techno 2 and can’t wait to see how it plays after a bit of added weight (Most likely weight rings) and silicone :slight_smile:

How much do u want for the Dv888?

Long gone, dude. Sorry.

alright. Do u know how to take off thee axle of a DV888?

Several ways. you can wrap it in duct tape and take some pliers and try and unscrew it.