Hitman Short Sleep Times?

I recently got a regular Hitman and contradictory to what I’ve read online, I only gets sleep times of about 30 seconds. What’s wrong?

Most likely it is just caused by you not throwing it as well as you could. Although, a lubed bearing could also contribute to the lower sleep times.

Ahh he beat me to the punch, but I also wanna add you gotta break it in to. There’s usually some break in time for every throw. Just work on throwing it right, and eventually you’ll be fine

Its most likely because of your throw, and because the bearing might still be breaking in.

It’s called practice and patience. :slight_smile:

My hitmqn was the like that at first but eventually it broke in

It takes time to get used to them, and it takes time to get them broke in the way you like. Personally the hitman was my first throw with that was more than 20 dollars (that’s including the shipping to) if you don’t have a really quick wrist flick like Andre teaches you in the sleeper tutorial it can take a little while to get a throw like that to break in.

You need to

1. put the speed bearing in
  2. make sure the response is flat. A few of my yyj’s came with crooked response sticker, with a piece sticking out
  3. make sure the string is around the bearing, not on the side of the bearing.
  4. make sure the bearing doesn’t have a rock in it. This can be done by flicking it, to see if it spins for longer than a second. Also listen for loud crackling noise.
  5. check for any stray glue, sticky substance, stuff sticking out, or whatever may slow your yoyo down.
  6. strong sleeper and twist the string left or right (which makes the yoyo lean),to make sure the string doesn’t rub against the walls of the yoyo
  7. Breaking the bearing in helps, but you should still be able to get over a minute, even with a lubed speed bearing.

I don’t know about over a minute. It takes a little bit of time to work up to that. For the longest time I was oly getting 37 or so seconds.

If you read his post carefully, it might occur to you why he didn’t put the speed bearing in. :wink:

I’m trying to solve his problem, not pick at other posters’ advice.
Why must you waste peoples’ time by posting this trash?
I’m always trying my best to give good advice. Does my advice help? maybe.
Did your advice help? no. Trust me, reading carefully will not make his yoyo sleep longer.
My post is very relevant. If he has a defective bearing, or the responsive bearing, he needs to use a different one.

Any decent bearing will work, doesn’t have to be a yoyojam speed bearing. But, if your bearing is bad, your yoyo won’t sleep long. Some yoyos come with a defective bearing. Some bearings even come with rocks or sand inside.
Also check to make sure that the bearing spins freely when it is in place. If it’s rubbing against the yoyo, your sleep time will be less. If there is rubbing, take a stiff, smooth stick and LIGHTLY rub the area that keeps the bearing from spinning. Coarse sandpaper or rubbing too much will destroy your yoyo. Flick-spin the bearing to see if it’s rubbing. See if your bearing flick-spins for longer than 6 seconds.

Ummm, no, that part of your post was not relevant, because on the face of it, it seems to me that you are inferring that the standard hitman comes with two bearings like some of the newer YYJ models do, and as we obviously know, they don’t. So in that respect it was misleading. I have no issues with the rest of what you said.

If I misinterpreted what you said, my sincerest and deepest apologies.

Why 6 seconds? Some of my bearings will only spin for 2 or 3 seconds, but there fine.My speed bearing barely spins 1 second, it plays fine.