Hitman pro shiny-ness

So i had a hitman pro for three days, and its turning a greyish kind of color instead of the original shiny silver, what couldve caused this? water? dirty hands? It looks kind of like the color an old x convict turns into, is that normal? and how do i fix this?

The acid in your skin is breaking down (tarnishing) the outside layer of aluminum. Nothing you can do other than polish it a lot or wear gloves all the time.

Or nickel plate the rims o.O

Ever played w/ an atomsphere? Rims be shiny O/O

Most likely dirt or maybe it’s starting to oxidize. In both cases just polish it I recommend getting some Nevr- Dull you should be able to find it at an auto parts store or on the internet.

how how exactly do i polish?

you might try a tarnish remover / silver polish (can be bought at a grocery store) and a rag. I went a different route and did this earlier…

http://images16.fotki.com/v272/photos/9/90404/341695/P1020065-vi.jpg

http://images51.fotki.com/v751/photos/9/90404/341695/P1020063-vi.jpg

looks amazing. btw, is this worth the buy ???

1 Like

thanks…and if you’re asking if I like them, for a $42 yoyo, I’ve bought 5 so far. So yes, personally I think they’re very well worth it and after they’re polished, they really stand out.

Polishing is easy just get some polish from a hardware store auto parts store, or if your grocery store is one of those all in ones like a super target or something they’ll have it to. Then just follow the instuctions. Usually apply polish. Let settle for a few seconds then wipe away tarnish, and rub till shiny repeat as necissary.

alright, and would doing it damage the yoyo in any way?? ??? or are there specific polish to use?

wow shiny yoyos!!

and yes hitman pro is a good yoyo, really nice spin and everything, very shiny at first and then…not

What he says ^^

Or some auto polish will work fine. Catman’s took a bit more effort and a different treatment.

Try Brasso.

My mum makes jewellery and she has a clothe that polishes silver, it already has the polish embedded, and I think it is called a svelte cloth and you just polish it with that and comes out a treat

the exact same thing hapend with my yyj dm

whats nickel plate?

It’s a plate with nickels on it

how does nickel plating affect the play of a yoyo? weight? dings and scratches?
can i nickelplate any yoyo? or only all metal ones?

Nickel plating makes the yoyo shine. Shouldn’t noticeably add weight. Probably a bit more durable than annodozing, but it will scratch and ding. Generally applicable to metal yoyos, but there is a vapor coating process that can apply a metallic finish on plastic yoyos. The vapor coat is quite costly on short runs. Not sure about the cost of nickel plating on short runs.