Hidden Eel Tricks

Here are some tricks I have been working on utilizing the swivel set-up in this thread:

Sorry I don’t have pictures or video. I hope the directions are easy to follow. These tricks may not be new, but they are new to me. Let me know if these tricks already have a name, and I will change it.

Skyhigh Trapeze

Throw a breakaway. Pull string through swivel and hold it with your NTH. Swing the yoyo around and over your TH, and on to the dead string, resulting in a trapeze with your TH held by the swivel.(The dead string should still be held in your NTH.) Dismount, let the string slide back to the swivel, and bind.

Hidden Eel Suicide

Throw a breakaway. Pull string through swivel. Do a Skyhigh Trapeze. Swing the yoyo counter-clockwise, down, around, and over your TH(like you would a regular 1A suicide)  The dead string will float in the air slippery eel style following the yoyo. Grab the dead string after one rotation to complete the suicide, resulting in a Skyhigh Trapeze. Dismount, let the string slide back to the swivel, and bind.

Hidden Eel Slack

Throw a breakaway. Pull string through swivel until the yoyo is a few inches, or so, from your TH. Pinch the string at the swivel so it won’t move/slide. Toss the dead string over your TH, letting go of the dead string, and let the dead string fall into the gap of the yoyo. While the string is pinched, swing the yoyo counter-clockwise making a slippery ell-esque slack with the dead string. After a few rotations, grab the dead string, resulting in a Skyhigh Trapeze. Dismount, let the string slide back to the swivel, and bind.

Hidden Eel Grind

Do a Skyhigh Trapeze. Pop the yoyo up onto your TH finger while simultaneously releasing the dead string in your NTH, do a finger grind and allow the yoyo to continue grinding down your arm as it sucks the string through swivel. Bind.(You could also just pop the yoyo up into the air from the finger grind, allowing the dead string to slide through the swivel.)(This is also a great way to go in to Swivel Slack. Just allow the yoyo to slide off the back of your TH and pinch the string at the swivel. Then, throw the dead string over your TH and into the gap of the yoyo. You are now ready to do Swivel Slack.)

Homba Triangle

Throw a Skyhigh Trapeze. Hop the yoyo off, and swing it under and around your NTH pointer finger, landing in a mount.(It’s like a trapeze brother mount in regular 1A, but if you switched THs) Pinch the string at the swivel with your TH. Release the dead string from your NTH. Swing it around to the front of the mount, while spreading the trapeze loop open with your NTH thumb and pointer. Grab the dead string with your NTH thumb and pointer as it comes around, pulling it through the trapeze loop.(like in the regular 1A trick Gondola/Monorail) You should have a triangle held by the swivel and the dead string held in your NTH. Pop the yoyo out of the triangle to the inside.(towards you), and land it on the dead string resulting in a Skyhigh Trapeze. Dismount, let the string slide back to the swivel, and bind.

Homba Triangle Suicide

From a Gondola Triangle, swing the yoyo counter-clockwise, down, around, and over your TH(like you would a regular 1A suicide) The dead string will float in the air slippery eel style following the yoyo. Grab the dead string after one rotation to complete the suicide. Hop the yoyo out of the triangle to the inside(towards you), and land it on the dead string resulting in a Skyhigh Trapeze. Dismount, let the string slide back to the swivel, and bind.

Ninja Vanish to Homba Triangle

Throw a breakaway. Pull string through swivel. Make a ninja vanish motion AWAY from you with the dead string, so the opposite of ninja vanish. Catch yoyo in the triangle. Hop the yoyo out of the triangle to the inside(towards you), and land it on the dead string resulting in a Skyhigh Trapeze. Dismount, let the string slide back to the swivel, and bind.

Homba Mount

Throw a breakaway. Pull string through swivel and hold in your NTH. Swing the yoyo around and over your TH, intercepting the string with your TH thumb.(like Skyhigh Trapeze, except your TH thumb is in the loop of the trapeze) Pull back your TH thumb(towards you) to make an opening in the string between your TH thumb and slipknot finger. Reach your NTH over and put your NTH thumb through the top of the opening, and pull it open. Hop the yoyo up through the opening and land on the dead string.(The dead string should still be held in your NTH.) This is the Homba Mount. Let go of the string around your thumbs. You should be in a Skyhigh Trapeze. Dismount, let the string slide back to the swivel, and bind.

Homba

Do a Homba Mount. With both of your index fingers, spread this opening that has been made by your thumbs open.(So, now you have an opening that is being held open by your thumbs and index fingers.) Pop the yoyo out of it’s mount to the inside(towards you), and up into the segment running between your index fingers, resulting in a mount. Drop the string looped around your TH finger and thumb.(You should have a Green Trangle, with the dead string behind it and running from the swivel to where you’re holding it with your NTH.) Reach over with the little finger on your TH and pinch the dead string segment. Let go of the end of the dead string segment you are holding with your NTH. Swing the segment back and around to the front of the GT, and grab it with your fingers pulling it through the GT from the front.(This motion is like the one in Gondola/Monrail.)(Your NTH thumb should be holding the GT, so your fingers should be free to grab the dead string as it floats around.) Once you have the dead string segment through the GT and are holding it with your NTH, pull your thumb out making that string drop.(Do not let go of the dead string, this is the only string you are holding now.)(You are left with a Gondola style Double GT!) Spread the top triangle/opening open with your thumbs. Pop the yoyo out of the front(away from you) of the triangle it is in, and up onto the bottom string segment of the top triangle/opening that you just spread open with your thumbs. Immediately drop all strings except for the dead string.(You are left with a Gondola Triangle). Pop the yoyo out of the back(towards you) of the triangle, and into a Skyhigh Trapeze. Dismount, let the string slide back to the swivel, and bind.

Brent Swiveled

Throw a breakaway. Pull string through swivel while making a Brent Stole motion with your NTH. Stick your TH thumb up as the string is coming around, it will catch the string. Let the triangle slide off your hand, but not your thumb.(Your hand will be in front of the triangle. The triangle is held up by your thumb and the swivel. You should still be holding the dead string with your NTH.) Hop the yoyo out of the front(away from you) of the triangle, and on to the dead string, resulting in a Skyhigh Trapeze. Dismount, let the string slide back to the swivel, and bind.

3 Likes

Dude, you need to make a video! :smiley: I can barely read instructions in Tutorial videos cuz I’m bad with following words like that, but I would love to see what you’ve been doing with this.

I think it’s pretty awesome you’ve been experimenting with this though :slight_smile:

I know. I need to learn how. I don’t even have a Youtube account. :smiley: It’s funny that a lot of people used to have to learn tricks like this. I bet it could be frustrating some times. :smiley: I wonder if I would have that dedication? I think I would…

Sometimes when I’m reading tutorials or trying new tricks, I set the yoyo with the string unwound in my lap and work out the trick and visualize where I need to go to get through the trick before I even try doing it standing up with the yoyo spinning.

Anyways, yeah! I’m having a blast! :wink:

Last update.

SkyHigh Trapeze!! ;D

I’m gonna try to figure these out later! I can picture them for the most part!

5 Years from now they will be selling special swivels designed for this along with custom finger loops.
I love experimenting with new styles :slight_smile:

I like this “style” cuz you can literally play 1a if you want… or you can bust out something totally fresh… so cool if you ask me :smiley:

That would be awesome!

I know, right? :wink:

I love you Homba <3

:smiley: I love you too, man :smiley:

So cool. Homba, way to grab the bull by the horns.

Thanks, Greg.

I added a trick, and took a couple off. I didn’t feel that those tricks were truly unique to this set-up. They were too similar to tricks in regular 1A. All of these tricks are unique to this set-up. I changed some of the trick names too. ;D

edit: *updated trick list 4/26/13

I guess I’m gonan have to make some vids lol

We need a name for this “Style”… Cuz this goes beyond Swivels.  People have been using swivels but this is different.  The setup allows for us to use the “dead string” to do tricks.  So it’s almost not swivel related, but the swivel enables us.  However, I do have some tricks in mind that require a swivel.  Regardless, we need a cool name, I’d like to have the final say in it if that’s possible…

After we figure it out, we should change the name of this thread to whatever it is… and it will be the official thread

Lol, sorry some of these were sloppy or the string is hard to see, just trying to knock them out so you have a visual.  Homba’s directions are actually fantastic.

Hidden Eel.  The Foundation.  The beginning.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aaiCihgPiQ

SkyHigh Trapeze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRVBWy1XSUc

SkyHigh Triangle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsq8Ea002c

SkyHigh Triangle (Dismount Variation)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1a4d1hHeRs

Hidden Eel Suicide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1UgYrob2O0

Hidden Eel Slack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk-NRAFuT3c

Hidden Eel Grind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSERn_PXto4

Homba Triangle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgDxv7dghw4

Recording more…

1 Like

SA, Slippery eel,

Say what?

Homba… I think I got the Homba mount… but to be sure…  Right before you hop, you’re already on the dead string right?  Regardless, you are a mad genius dude.

The Hungry Eel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQc0KOVGa-Q

Thanks! Yeah, you’re on the dead string before you hop. Hop up through the opening, and on to the dead string. It’s a little tricky. It’s the hardest part to the Homba trick, imo.

Great videos, man! That’s awesome that you made videos! ;D

Ok cool, I had it right then. I will move onto “Homba” tomorrow morning! Just wanted to make sure i had Homba Mount correct

That’s awesome! ;D I’m going to learn your tricks too. The Skyhigh Triangle (dismount variation) is really cool. I also like how you pull the knot out while in the middle of a trick, like in The Hungry Eel. I haven’t really done anything like that.

You’ll get um piece of cake! Hungry Eel is just landing on deadstring from dismounting a 1.5 mount