Henrys Viper Response?

Speaking of Beefcaking, here’s my mad mod skills! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think I actually played this one quite a bit. I put Friction Stickers over the Brake Pads after carefully filling in the teeth on the Break Pads with the the cork pieces left behind when you peeled the backing off.

I put the small washer between the two bearings to make a better slot for the string to nestle into.

I don’t know how I managed to not strip it out!? I didn’t change the axle!

Of course the finishing touch; which is way more sophisticated than machining metal rings like @yoyodoc did :rofl:, was finding the right size rubber o-rings.

I need to find this thing…!

6 Likes

OK cool looks like you figured out the images :wink:

2 Likes

When I go back to Chicago I’m bringing all my old throws back home. I have a viper somewhere in that collection. I’m not even sure what color mine is.

1 Like

There were a couple of law suits traded between Henrys and the guy who ran Proyo over this I believe.

2 Likes

There were ‘No’ lawsuits between Henrys and Proyo.

No like in none.

4 Likes

EXCEPT THE ONE I JUST FILED AGAINST THEM BOTH

booyah

1 Like

Fair enough, only remembering what I saw in an article about the mongoose being a considered a rip off the viper, ( even the name mongoose was a jab at the viper) and Henrys responding with an infringement suit, perhaps lawsuits were only threatened? Eitherway, was only trying to remember the story behind this as requested by the poster.

2 Likes

The way I heard it, Tom Van Dan Elzen made the Mongoose as a bit of a jibe at Henry’s. Henry’s had the patent on the rubber rings… That was just a story, though, I don’t know how true it is. It certainly is pretty funny that he named it the Mongoose, and put all those patent numbers prominently on the hub!

2 Likes

Yes indeed; there was a little sword fighting waaay back then. Tom is one of the Sharpest guys I have ever met.

He has a great sense of humor.

There was a little power juggling but nothing more and nothing got close to a Courthouse.

The name(Mongoose) was quite ingenious at the time.

I honestly can’t think of a nicer guy.

4 Likes

Still not “between” Henrys and Proyo.

#technicallycorrect #bestkindofcorrect

2 Likes