Fixing my vibey yoyo (clyw/od wooly markmont)

Sooo yea its a little vibey. Id like to replace the screw that is in between the two halves. Does anyone know how I can find that exact one? Its probably a machine screw right? Should I just try to measure it and match it on amazon? thanks!

also has anyone started a service to fix a vibey throw yet? Like a place you mail it to and they fix it and send it back? I think ive seen maintenance for balisongs / butterfly knives. Id love to see that for yoyos.

If replacing an axle and bearing doesn’t fix your vibe usually nothing will.

No need to fix it just sell it to me

1 Like

no me no me :rofl:

wooly markmont uses nut capture iirc, not side effects, I would contact david from onedrop, he’ll know and point you in the right direction

2 Likes

Good to know, I assumed they were just side effects. @fradiger

2 Likes

i said the screw between the halves. i guess i meant axle. same thing right?

1 Like

Yup your axle is just a set screw. Easy to replace and find at most hardware stores.

You could sell the damaged one to a collector (not me) for hundreds of dollars; then buy a new working yoyo and pocket enough cash to cover your electric bill or something.

Otherwise, I’m thinking contacting Onedrop directly. Email or instagram since the brand is active on IG. They can tell you what you need to make the repairs yourself.

2 Likes

Those older CLYW axles are standard and not metric so you don’t cross and strip the threads;

1 Like

i contacted one drop and believe it or not… they said i could send it in to them and they could tell me what was causing the vibe but there was likely nothing they could do about it. they told me not to change the axle because its glued in place and its likely not whats causing the issue.

honestly i think they just wanted to steal my yoyo
and i think changing the axle would probably decrease vibe as well

Shoot me a message, I’ve had some good success with tuning yoyos before depending on the issue.

2 Likes

Just to clarify, youre just making a joke here, right?

6 Likes

honestly who knows… ive had really bad luck within this community. i think theres a lot of childish people here. i dont know the guys at OD personally at all.

the one on my yoyo is silver

The OD guys run a legitimate business and have been around for almost 20 years, and also… made the yoyo… feels like a very out of pocket comment to make lol

With the markmont nut capture systems (atleast, the one on the markmont next, which I assume is very similar if not the same, I don’t own a wooly markmont :sob:), the axle is only loctited in one side, you can definitely remove it from both halves without damaging the brass pieces if you’re careful.

2 Likes

like i said i dont know anyone at OD personally. because of that I always air on the side of caution in the yoyo community because in my experience people here are capable of terrible things. the amount of vibey yoyos i have got from trades where they said it wasnt vibey… or some other undisclosed damage. also the immaturity on the forum is UNREAL. i think people here are beyond childish. it makes sense because its literally a community for TOYS

I can’t imagine one drop being a successful company if they’re scamming people out of the very yo-yos they made in the first place

3 Likes

If they wanted a Wooly Markmont for themselves, I’m sure they can just pick one out of their backstock. as @fradiger said, They made the throw. It’s in the name that you’ve got in the title. The ‘od’ in “(clyw/od wooly markmont)” is OD, One Drop, the people asking you to send it back to them.

They are a pretty popular company and aren’t going to risk losing customer reputation by not sending you back your throw. If anything, if they can’t fix it, you might get a new one.

I’m genuinely confused what makes you be so cautious. It’s a business. You don’t need to “know” anyone, you have to trust that a business is going to continue to do things to guarantee more business.

Fwiw, BST is not the same as a (boutique) yoyo store (ie OD aka OneDrop). BST is, more often than not, regular people selling their throws for various reasons (ie too many, leaving the hobby, bills/adulting). That being said, if you have an issue, the best thing is to go back to the seller and talk to them about rather than complaining on an open forum. If things still don’t go your way, you can always make a negative feedback if you feel it’s warranted. BST is basically a trade show, but online.

1 Like