Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated!

I currently own a lime green lyn fury. I have sanded the insides of the lyn so they are completely smooth. added silicone, concave bearing, and also added metal rims. Took me a good month. To finish my “masterpiece” i wanted to die the lyn. I understand it its celcon plastic and not polycarbon whatever it is. I have no idea how to dye celcon.

Please i would like to die black into it. Completly black.
Please list

COlors of dye needed, brand and amount, (rit,others,etc.)
acetone needed and amount
time needed to soak
what should i use to add designs to the final product.
Thanks, if i get any suggestions i will post the final product. Will be black on one side with green checkers and green dice in the side. Green on the other side with black checkers and black dice on the side.

and now that i think of it, how do i dye dice? lol
:stuck_out_tongue:

i would recommend this,

But in it he dye’s a polycarbonate plastic so he uses acetone. For celcon plastic i believe you dont need acetone, Warm water when soaking the yoyo, use Rit dye (The color you want to use.) Follow his steps on the soaking. Elmers glue is what he uses to add designs before dyeing

i heard duct tape works well for designs to… And about the acetone. I dont want to mess with that stuff unless i know it wont kill my lyn lol. I put alot of work into it

yeah i wouldnt use acetone with a carbon plastic

Try using warm water first.

Im not sure how the tape would hold up in warm water, But I would use elmers glue and a pin to draw the checkers. Yes this will take time, but when its done youll be happy.

sounds like a plan.Will try it over thanksgiving weekend. I will post a pic of how it turned out when im done