Help with YYF 44!

Well, my friend started to yoyo, and he got a 44. At first, YYE messed up his order and sent him a 44 special that wouldnt screw together right. They sent him a new one and he sent it back etc… He got his regular 44, and he played with it, and IDK if he overtightened it or something but now it when u screw it together its lop sided, and the bearing isn’t completely in its seat. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sounds like he cross threaded it. He’s going to have to pay someone to re-tap it and put a bigger axle in it.

What’s cross threading? And i guess i cant help him if i can’t fix it

Wouldn’t it be smart to contact YYE about the mess up in the order and get what you paid for, a 44?

He did send back the wrong one, and then they sent him a regular 44, not a 44 SPECIAL. but he cant send it back because i think it was his fault it “Cross threaded” which i still dont know what that is

If you look at the threads on the axle then look inside the hole the axle goes into you see threads. If you don’t get them straight when screwing them back together the “threads” will climb over each other rather than between each other. That is cross threading.

And i don’t think that it is cross threaded because i can easily unscrew the bearing and put it back in. But the thing is is that the bearing wont go all the way into the bearing seat. That might be the problem, and i don’t just wanna force it in cuz i might break his yoyo, but I don’t think its cross threaded and I asked my dad if it was and he sed no so

it is cross threaded if it is lopsided, the bearing wont fit in because:

1: You are not pressing it strong enough, yyfs have tight bearing seats

2: The anno on the bearing seat is too thick (which I doubt)

Contact Yoyofactory through here: http://www.yoyofactory.com/contact/index.php Maybe they can do something about it.