Help with stuck bearing

I was going to put a tiny bit of oil on my NSK bearing…but I can’t remove it. I have no leverage with the removal tool. I tried to gently use pliers with a round area, it wont budge either. What can I do?

1 Like

Wrap the yoyo half in a clean cloth and stick it in the freezer for 30 minutes. It should be easy to remove by then. Let us know how it worked out!

2 Likes

I’ll let you know!

Just wiggle the removal tool back and forth repeatedly lightly pulling at the same time. I’ve found most bearing seats are tight. Btw, nsk bearings run better dry

1 Like

Believe me, it wasn’t moving it half a millimeter. The bearing is tight on the Exia, a bit of wiggling and pulling on it pops it right off. This is far tighter, and the tool would break

Freezer worked. Still needed pliers, but I didn’t have to twist too much. I cleaned all the aluminum around the bearing seat, on the inner race of the bearing as well, with isoproyl. Also cleaned the axle and threads of the halves. Lots of what I gather is dust from the tight fit of the bearing.

The NSK bearing is a tad rough right now, I’m not sure how long it breaks in for.

3 Likes

I have a few Nsk bearings and it took about
A week of playing and it became more quiet and smooth the more I played it, using it dry with no oil.

Do you find your tricks a lot more fresher after the freezer procedure … :laughing:

Use acetone to thoroughly clean then use compressed air to dry and they will be perfect for a long time

I did the Fusion, but the yoyo just did Cold Fusion automatically!