Help with Goofy Axle

I accidentally put in an axle that was too long into my winter solstice, and I want to take it out but it’s stuck. I tried an Ellen wrench and it didn’t work

Maybe some sort of tool could help. I used pliers too get out my happy holidays 2023 axle out to replace with a loop 720 axle, with some cardboard so it doesn’t hurt the actual axle. This happened to my winter solstice once too and I did the same thing again, and it worked. Hope this helps :grin:

Is the Allen key slipping or just won’t turn? Do you have the correct size Allen key? If you’re using the correct size, you can’t get any better leverage on that screw.

…. Unless you want to assist with a box wrench.

About $10 at Home Depot or Amazon.

Plan on a new axel after using this.

1 Like

Yeah it’s the right size, it’s just not turning

Ok I’ll try that

Throw it in the freezer for a couple of minutes. Also put a little bit of oil on the axle to try and loosen it up.

3 Likes

This. Especially the oil.

Dont try to force the issue and stay away from pliers since you have the allen wrench option. I once used pliers to try get out a stuck axle, proceeded to somehow smooth out all the threads to the point that the pliers had nothing to grip and then had a useless half of a yoyo.

1 Like

Lube is key if it’s stuck. Bearing lube, Wd40, cutting oil, heck, even olive oil if you don’t have anything else. Apply a little oil, let it sit for a minute or two, and then slowly apply some pressure to loosen it.

Also hate to state the obvious, but it might be a helpful reminder, left loosey—righty tighty.

1 Like

if you’re scared of damaging it with regular pliars you should look up “Igarashi IPS PH-165” on amazon, they’re soft grip pliers that won’t damage your axle as long as you’re not like death gripping it.

1 Like

I lost my Allen wrench, but I’ll try all of your recommendations when I find it again. Thanks for all of your help!