Yoyo Axle Super Stuck

Ive been wondering how my yoyo axle stuck, it already happen 2 times in a row. ive tried using pliers but it doesnt work. If u guys have any suggestion please tell me. :smiley: Btw, i used N12 Shark Honor Yoyo

What does it mean that you’ve tried to use pliers but it doesnt work?

I had a stuck axle where it was so stuck that my pliers had smoothened out the axle threads after a point. The only thing that helped was lube. You can try that. A bit of lube on the axle, let it soak through into the yoyo half its stuck in and use pliers. You might destroy the axle and might need a new one but atleast the yoyo isnt lost.

1 Like

First, in the future if you’ve got a stuck axle, ask yourself these questions first “Does my yoyo play fine as is, and is there something inherently wrong with the axle?”

If the answer to both of those is “no,” just leave it alone.

If you’ve already ruined the threading on the axle with pliers and just want it out, take a power drill and tighten the chuck all the way down on the axle. Then just unscrew the yoyo from the axle by hand, do NOT attempt to turn on the drill and reverse the axle out, just unscrew by hand.

4 Likes

The best way to de-seat a stuck axle is with a bit of heat.
Take a blow dryer or heat gun, and gently warm the area around the axle seat. As the aluminum expands, you should get to a sweet spot where you can un-thread easier.

I have a yomega that occasionally has the same problem. :+1:

However, if the axle is stuck because you’ve cross threaded it, then played it rough… well, in that case there’s no helping you. :person_shrugging:

I will echo @mable though, is there a reason you need to remove it? It not, I would just leave it.