Help Painting a Yoyo

Ok, so i want to paint my dv888. My question is would spray paint work, and if so, how do i do it?

Please Help! :smiley:

only one way to find outā€¦ I mean its only a dv888

True but I still donā€™t want to ruin itā€¦

Ok so I think Iā€™m going to just try spray painting it white. But I donā€™t just want it white. I want to add some splash. What type of paint should I use to just splash it on?

I cant tell you my secret, but mask, dont splash

What is masking?

Covering and protecting from paint

Im the painting expert here! Lolā€¦

First, make sure your spray paint says ā€œMetalā€ on it. Also mask of the bearing seat and keep the axle in so paint wonā€™t go through the axle holeā€¦

Splash? Any paint, just make sure itā€™s acrylic.

I use Crafting paintā€¦

Get a small thin paintbrush and dip it in the paint, then splatter it on, get creative Splat, Splat, Splat!!

Then add a clear coat if you please so the paint wonā€™t chip or come offā€¦

PM me if you want me to do it for you, (check my thread), or if you have any questionsā€¦

^ way to steal my sig.

Lol its fine

No!

Blehā€¦

Ill show you a good paint job in a few days.

THINK! YOU CAN DO A SPLASH WITH ONLY SPRAY PAINT!

What happens if I donā€™t mask the bearing seat?

The bearing wont spin

How do I mask it?

Masking tape. And for the splashā€¦ Get creative

Where does one purchase ā€œcreativeā€?

1 Like

Within the magical depths ofā€¦

IMAGINATION

Lol

Creating a speckle/splashy effect with spray paint is painfully easy. Just pull back on the nozzle as opposed to pushing it down.

Grab a few sheets of paper or something you donā€™t mind getting paint all over and try it out.

To make a speckle you stand back and lightly push down and it will squirt out paintā€¦

Ok I might try that. Iā€™m thinking a coat of white, and then a neon green and neon orange speckle.

Okay you told me a secret, now heres mine:

Take a yoyo.

Strip it.

Paint it a color

Let it dry

Burn a candle and Drizzle wax onto the yoyo, or use cut up cursive stick on letters

Paint it another color

Let it dry

Peel off what you put on it

BAM!

Instant splash