Help me prove a-rt's authenticity to my parents

i know, its just that they dont want me to handle everything.

2 Likes

Well, can’t really blame them for being as cautious as they are. There’s all kinds of horror stories surrounding internet transactions. That’s one crazy thing about this community though, people usually shoot straight with each other. I have never had a bad transaction with anyone, and I personally haven’t seen anyone done wrong in a way that wasn’t made right through communication.

5 Likes

well i cant really do anything about it. i think they just havent seen the entire community, and theyre really skeptical. i really wish i could show them the entire forum, and you all, but they literally trust no one on the internet.

2 Likes

But, it’s an entire community… It’s not just one random weirdo. Like doc said above, those a-rt boys are legendary in this community, there’s no reason for them to ever miss handle their customers information like that.

If they’re that worried about it, and you really want to do it, see how they feel about you loading that money onto one of those prepaid debit cards you can buy at Walmart or something. That way, there is zero risk with it being linked to yours or their personal banking information and identity.

1 Like

those work with online shops? even in canada? all of the ones i find usually are u.s. only

2 Likes

I’m honestly not sure, I haven’t used one of those in several years.

1 Like

i dont even know at this point. might as well just stop asking to buy the jo.
now i just gotta wait until my parents trust the community or trust me with everything yoyo related

2 Likes

I don’t think this has anything to do with your parents trusting or not trusting yoyo people. It’s just them being cautious overall.

3 Likes

Yeah, patience may be the best thing by this point. Mind your parents, they love you. Even if they don’t understand. Maybe something will come up here on yoyoexpert or maybe one of the other large well-established Brands will have a drop with something that appeals to you soon. you can buy some pretty excellent 1 drops for that price point, I’m kind of a one drop fanboy. But they are seriously one of the absolute best companies around. They’ve got amazing quality control, Top Notch customer service, and very thoughtfully designed yo-yos.

1 Like

If you’re getting it from their website and your parents are still sketched out, then not much anyone can say here will do much. If you’re saying you have $80 cash, use it to get one of those prepaid Mastercard gift cards, then use that on the website

3 Likes

Just saying, yoyofactory has a great selection. If you are able to get those off of Amazon, maybe just stick with those for now.

3 Likes

I have a feeling if you show your parents @yoyodoc they’ll lock the doors and throw away the key :laughing:

7 Likes

Jeff; if you’re gonna use the board for your Stand Up routine; you’re gonna have to get better material.:nerd_face:

6 Likes

50 dollar DK is craaaazy cheap for how cool it is, a-rt is run by 3 legends in one company, outstanding yoyos.

3 Likes