Help me choose between One Drop Wyvern and Legendary Terrarian and Free Solo

How is the spin time and stability?

2 Likes

Does the Thron have good spin time and stability? I can find almost no info.

No complaints on either count. I’m not an expert, so take my opinion as an intermediate player.

1 Like

From one intermediate player to another :rofl:

2 Likes

I passed on getting the Wyvern since I’m waiting for that initial Cerakote finish they were teasing awhile back. I’ve tried a Sugar Glider though, it’s… fine I guess lol.

Yeah, like @Ed-C said, no complains about either spin time or stability. However why you haven’t seen much on it is b/c not a lot of people copped the Thorn (including myself) cause it was so… niche? When I tried it though, it was better than I thought it would be, but it’s still pretty mid compared to the other great One Drops that are out there. If spin time and stability is your concern I’d avoid the Legendary Terrarian like the plague tbh, it’s one of the least stable and poorest spinning OD’s out there IMO. When getting into One Drop there are a host of other models that I’d be looking at picking up before some of the more niche stuff like the Thorn. Besides the Free Solo, if I was trying to introduce someone to One Drop throws, I’d probably tell them to hunt down a Kuntosh (or Kuntosh 5KQV), Markmont Classic (considered one of the greatest organic yoyos of all time), Rebirth, or Panorama. Those are undoubtedly some of the most popular and revered models they offer (besides the Terrarian/LT, Top Deck, Deep/Deeper State, which I think are really, really mid tbh) and some of my personal favorites. Kamuraiju is on the newer side, so time will tell how it stacks up against the rest, but it’s probably the most easily accessible, best OD you can buy right now from a store without having to use the BST.

I’ve been looking for a Kuntosh 5KQV, but haven’t had much luck. What do you think about the spin time/stability on the Kamuraiju?

1 Like

It took me AWHILE to find one in the colorway I wanted, probably like a solid year NGL. I’ve been asking them for years (and so have others) to do a re-run of them but they haven’t yet. Hopefully soon!

I don’t think about it at all since it’s never an issue with it, I guess. Back in like 2010 spin time and stability were more of a concern, but most yoyos these days don’t have any issues with either of these aspects minus a select few. If spin time and stability really are your ultimate goal, I’d probably steer you towards a bimetal like the Duncan GTR or GTR-JS, not a One Drop (although like I said, most are totally 100% fine).

I wasn’t too concerned, but I’ve had some issues with smaller yoyos.

For sure, smaller yoyos can definitely suffer from that. Most larger diameter throws with a decent amount of rim weight will be absolutely good to go.

1 Like

Yeah you do! The Thorn is the most underrated OD you can buy right now I don’t care what anyone else says lmao

4 Likes

I think it is up to OD’s standard, but I also think that whether any OD is great or just good comes down to play style preferences and whether the particular design features are personally appealing.

The Thorn is unmatched by any OD I have played on spin time and stability for pull-started finger spins. . .

2 Likes

Does anyone know if OD will be bringing back some more kamuraiju’s soon ?? They seem to be out of stock everywhere. All the hype makes me want to pick one up eventually :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

They are in stock here at YYE not in every color but quite a few, if you are talking about the cerakote I think the next ones in line for that treatment are the wyverns

3 Likes

I think they were just restocked on YYE(?)

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure once they drop the cerakote Wyverns, they have some Kamuraijus dropping at the same time.

2 Likes

Would you mind elaborating? As in, tell us what you like about it, maybe compare its performance with other yoyos?

Y’all sleeping on the Vtwo

2 Likes

That’s another that I was looking at.

2 Likes

@bcorliss3 @hsb @Shapapy, thanks for the responses back! Talk about a shadow drop huh :sweat_smile: I guess I’ll be picking one up soon then :grin:

3 Likes

Well I’m old school so when I saw the Thorn had a 16mm axle and matador spikes I was in. It has this perfect balance of performance and casual play, it’s more rim weighted so it’s stable and swift. At a little under 65 grams I thought it was gonna play more on the lighter side (I like heavier, more solid feeling throws) but it doesn’t feel too light on the string at all and definitely not heavy. Smooth as butter like most ODs, quiet 10ball especially when lubed etc. it’s not going to outperform your Free Solo or anything but it’s not supposed to, it’s definitely a more laid back, fun, take everywhere kinda throw. Hope this helped a little and if you have others questions just lemme know! All my opinions too obviously but I tried to be as unbiased as I could with it lol

2 Likes