Help me and my vibey SCLB

I traded one of my lower-end throws for a RecRev SCLB with visible wobble. I would really appreciate it if you could lend your knowledge to me on how to remove any vibe/wobble if possible.

what throw is it? Try to remove the axel and roll it on a surface, if it doesn’t bump the axel okay but if bumps while rolling replace the axel.

He said sclb :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, get teflon tape(Its white)

Wrap on half of the axle that goes into yoyo(Either half)

Throw yoyo

Repeat this until the vibe gets smaller and smaller. If it gets bigger, put it on the other half of the axle. You may need it on both halves if it just wont smoothen out.

I decided to experiment and put one SCLB half on a No.9 half and it plays really well! The vibe is no longer visable, but it is still there.

Do you mean that you put two different yoyo halves and put them together? All Rec Revs have some vibe once you unscrew it. :frowning:

Yes, i did put the two different halves together. I just silliconed the halves. After they dry, i will tune it.

Rec REV is known to come with a little bit of vibe. Especially the older models. Outside of tuning the axle there isn’t much you can do.

The axle was most likely bent, you just need to check the axle then have it normal. Unless the sides have been chopped off, but most vibe is a bent axle.

I tuned out the visible wobble, but I don’t have the ability to get to a hardware store to find a possible axle. Does anybody know what size axle the SCLB is?

Im not familiar with that yoyo, what’s the company name?

EDIt* just read: Rec Rev :slight_smile:

Another EDiT* Do you have access to a Lowes, Home Depot, or Ace??

I couldn’t go to a hardware store at that time. I went to lowes today, but they didn’t have what I was looking for. I’m hoping I can send it to somebody to tune it better than I can

If you think it’s the axle, just buy a regular screw and cut the head off. Smooth the cut end with a coarse stone or fine file.

Did you ask anyone there if they sold that size? Just take the axle and “ask” them.

I asked an employee closest to the aisle with all the screws and possible axles. He searched for awhile, but no dice. I’m heading to Ace tomorrow to pick up more flowable silicone, so I might find an axle there.

Be sure to ask.

Another thing, ask them if they have the same size, hex or whatever. Then cut it to the same length (like Jhb said).