Help finding the right yoyo

Hi Folks,

I have an issue, and I am hoping to draw on this group encyclopediac knowledge of yoyos.
And after reading some of the math/physics threads on here, that is no understatement!

I have been yoyoing for about 4 years now.
I am beginning to collect some “better” yoyos.

I currently have, and iyoyo Iceberg, a Skyva and the Recess Snack in my non responsive line up.
I have a OD Halifax on the way, but with the mail it may be suumer before I know what that feels like.
My question for all of you is.
I prefer the shape and finish and the play feel of the Snack, but is is undersized.
Can any of you recommend a yoyo that is say 54 or 55m Dia. That “feels and plays” similar?

I know this is a person feeling thing, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
@Canspin65

1 Like

Topyo Colossus V is not only affordable but absolutely fantastic.

6 Likes

Hey thanks @ChrisFrancz,

That does appear very close in shape and profile.
And as you said affordable, and not sold out everywhere.

Thanks for possibly #1.

2 Likes

I’ll second the colossus, I was a bit snobby about yoyos for a while and avoided the “budget” throws like this. What a mistake and humbling experience it was when the colossus showed up at my door.

3 Likes

Thew element! Also has a really good response system. Although it’s not the same shape, any Evan yoyos are really nice!

1 Like

I have to agree with you, from my limited experience, the Skyva was not expensive, and plays really nice. I have small hands though, so it feels large on the catch.
I played 5a with a Delrin Gentry S for about a year, until one 360 where it missed the floormats and smashed on my garsge floor. It was cheap but I loved it.

1 Like

I enjoy small throws probably the most so I get it! If you want to go just a tad under the size of a snack, try to track down a general yo mini star 2. Holy cow what a throw that is.

3 Likes

The gap width is nice too and I put a Kitty fat string right away and it played dreamy. Colussus V, not Colossus VI (new one). It will probably be in my top 5 for a long time or forever. I love the size. It’s very comfortable, stable, forgiving, and fast. The finish is slightly matte (cup is shiny).

2 Likes

Good midsized options:

OD 54, Project, Parlay, Dietz, Nitro, Intro, Halifax, SK, G2 Hawk, Duncan AL Freehand One

4 Likes

Perhaps I will be happy with the Halifax if it ever arrives. :grin:
I have been wanting the FH Al 1 for a while to. I will give that a try.

Thanks

2 Likes

The Halifax feels like a blend of the Lab Experiment and Dietz. Powerful and H feeling. Decent at fingerspins, grinds, and matador.

Parlay, Nitro, Intro, 54 are all more organic feeling. Can’t go wrong with any as pocket friendly options.

2 Likes

If you like smaller H shapes the Good Life /Spintime Liberty is a great player and is still available here at YYE

2 Likes

I looked into it, and the YYF Delrin I liked was called the Regen, it is most definitely H shaped and I loved it. Thanks for the suggestion.

1 Like