HELP DESIGN MY YOYO!!!

okay so i’m starting to design my very own delrin yoyo

heres the rought draft, and i know it’s bare

this is what were, gonna decide on

weight
shape,
weight distribution

it’s gonna be an undersized, and made of delrin so yeah

if you are a machinist, and can do a metal for less than $100 i will come to you!!

(Halbach) #2

What exactly are you asking for? CAD services? Or simple Decisions?

are you really going to sell this? And why did you call it supernova knockoff?

I saw that too. Lol, that’s just weird. Is this supposed to rip off the Supernova or something? haha

(Halbach) #5

I guess so.

(Cameron (and his yoyo)) #6

Hahaha, no, he came to me and said he wanted a similar shape as the supernova"s outer shell. So I called it supernova knockoff because it was how I could easily sort it. It’s very different than a Nova. The inside is absolutely different. Now, idk if that can get you out of “jacking” designs but… idk.

(Halbach) #7

Not really IMO. It would be like taking an essence and making it have… say, Supernova-like guts. It’s still a knockoff IMO.

(Cameron (and his yoyo)) #8

Thats what I thought too… but it’s what he wanted.

Then what’s the question? ???
Other than mine.

okay, so i’ve decided cut off the nova knockoff and go a completly different direction

here’s facts i’ve decided myslef on

D bearing
56mm diameter
46mm width
6mm gap width

so now i need someone to make a rough sketch for me, it’s gonna be completly different

wow you should go for a little bit undersized cause right now im lovin my ministar

(Halbach) #13

WHAT?

Do you plan on beefcaking? If not, your target gap is impossible.

oh yeah, your right, hmm, i’ll have to reduce the size by one MM

okay 5mm then,

i would make the diameter 53
and the width 40.5

(Halbach) #16

The bearing wouldn’t be really secure as much as others… I’d shoot for 4.5mm or a bit smaller.

he wants undersized. so 53 is not undersized.

i really love the shape, and i hope it works out for you!

i’d personally go with a 49mm diameter, small, but usable. i’ve never used Derlin personally, but i’d think that a greater mass focused towards the rims might help. i’d increase the rim size a small amount

it’s NOT a knockoff, i was going to take the shap and redistrubute the weight to give it it’s own feel