Help! CLYW vs Nightmare!

So I have enough money to either get a clyw or a nightmare. Which should I get?

Weekend.

Nightmare.

It depends on what you’re looking for man. Nobody has used a nightmare yet, so It’s hard to say.

CLYW is a tried and true brand, and arguably the most liked brand right now. Either one here is a safe bet. On the CLYW side though, the Orca is an absolutely fantastic yoyo.

So hard to decide. I’m looking for a fairly quick competition yoyo.

Nightmare from what I’ve played so far is a fairly heavy feeling throw but is actually about 64.9 grams. It just feels super stable and solid. Has a V shape that personally isn’t a fav but is comfortable enough. It is really hard to just suggest a CLYW throw as they are pretty different from each other and I don’t think the Nightmare is all that comparable to any current CLYW’s.

If you want something that is competition oriented, I don’t think you can go wrong with the bi-metal Nightmare. If you’ve played a ti Dream or al Dream, it feels similar but with more stability and power.

missed a word and totally screwed up what I was trying to say…sigh

The reason it feels heavy is because of all that rim weight. My Nobunaga feels like a stone at the end of the string even though its 64.5 grams.

If you want something quick and competition based, the Puffin 2 will absolutely knock your socks off. One of the speediest yoyos I’ve ever used, super stable, super long spinning, super floaty, just all around awesome. One of the few yoyos on a small list that i will never consider selling.

Another good competition option from CLYW might be the Bonfire. Also very speedy and stable, just not as much character in my opinion. The Puffin is more my style.

So A V shape heavy rim weighted yoyo is bad for competition? More stability and power is a bad thing?

missed a word and said the opposite of what I wanted to say. :-\

I’m waiting to get my hands on a Nightmare. Right now I can’t really say to get one over another but as others said, the Orca and Puffin are amazing CLYWs. Orca has a little heft to it but is rock solid stable. Puffin is also very stable and a little quicker. You really can’t go wrong with either one.

Many competition-oriented throws are V shape. The V shape has a good balance of stability and speed.