Hashbrowns Help

So i’m practicing one of my first chopstick tricks, hashbrowns. I’ve mostly got it down. I just can’t tell what he’s doing from about 1:07 to 1:13. And I can’t find any other tutorials. Thanks for any help in advance.

10 Likes

If you still haven’t gotten it yet, while you have the yoyo mounted on your thumb, flip it all the way over your non throwhand while removing your middle finger, flip it all the way back to the original position, and then flip it back over while moving the string loop toward the inside of the string formation to remove the extra kink in the string.

Hope you get it! This is a really fun trick!

1 Like

Necroposting this bad boy to see if there are any other Hashbrowns tutorials that have been created since 2010, or if anyone is willing to make one. I can’t for the life of me get into it with Jake’s video, and I want to learn it so bad.

7 Likes

Same. Since 2011.

Edit: Bump for visibility and to mention another trick to @adamantiumpops this one reminded me of. Three fisted crab by 365■■■■■■■■■■.

@jakebullock would be the source, but Chuck did an IG clip as well not to long ago promoting A-RT Dales

8 Likes

This is what reminded me that I still couldn’t land it, lol. Really hoping for another tutorial from someone.

1 Like

What part are you having trouble with? I started learning it after it got bumped and the whole thing makes sense to me (executing it with my small hands is a different matter lol) so maybe I can try to help clear something up.

3 Likes

I think I just need a different angle.

1 Like

The ending is the most confusing thing w/o a first person view (imo) so I recorded that as best I could w/o a gopro or tripod lol:

https://i.imgur.com/AL3HRfh.mp4

Does this help at all?

9 Likes

Sorry I never said it before but this did help! Still can’t land it, but getting closer. Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry I missed this!

I’ve been meaning to film an updated version for years. I have a gopro now so i can get better quality angles. In the meantime, shoot me a dm here on preferably on instagram (@jakebullockyoyo) and i’ll quickly film some better slowed down angles and help you one on one!

3 Likes