has this ever happened to you?

I was at PAXeast last year and I got commented on so much while waiting in line. I did pop n’ fresh on camera I believe. Boy that was a fun day

I always get that comment >:(

I saw augies bro in line at in n out and people just walked past in awe slowly… ::slight_smile:

Huh?

^ I think he’s stating, that no one calls him a show off while he is yo-yoing, but they ask him stupid questions about yo-yoing.

my favorite is when you get the person you know is looking, but they try to make it seem like they are not looking, they always give me a silent chuckle

Heheh, I was hucking a return top around while waiting for a take-out order and the girl was doing that. Finally she recognized she had been caught looking and apologized for it. I just said, “I wouldn’t do this in public if I minded! Feel free!” or something to that effect.

In a way, I am “showing off” I guess. I mean, I’m yoyoing for me because it’s fun, but I don’t mind if other people watch and get a kick out of it. I don’t have any shame in putting on a bit of a show when I know people are watching… do the tricks that people relate to or which I can do consistently and all that. It makes people smile. No way I’m feeling bad for helping people smile. :wink:

Same take-out place today, an older dude was pretending not to watch and outwardly seeming pretty cold and unimpressed. Didn’t bother me, I just kept playing. Then I legitimately almost nailed myself when throwing a breakaway with a snag. Exclaimed, “Whoah! Almost got NAILED on that one! That would’ve hurt.” His whole demeanor changed… having been “invited” to engage with me as it were, he was suddenly all smiles and didn’t mind watching. He left first, and said, “Take care!” as he left.

Man… this stuff is too fun to not share around a bit. So glad I’m too old to feel self-conscious about it (ironically, I SHOULD feel self-conscious as an older dude playing with a toy… but age is really funny that way!).