Hard yoyo tricks tutorial

Hello everyone,

I had this idea in mind, the web and the socials are literally flooded with beginner here and beginner there tutorial, ladders tricks and combos, tons of DNA and the easy stuff, mostly always the same tricks from many years ago which are perfect for who start, which always are the ones that catch the most of the audience.

I am always in search of inspiration, I watch tons of videos to look at some great combos and maybe find a little tutorial where to steal an element or two and rework it, but there is not much talking about hard tricks in the forum and is always everything a bit ā€œeasy sideā€ oriented.

I would love to see some tutorials of very hard tricks and combos, the hardest you can find around or the most weird and original so we can all get inspired and learn couple of elements.

I can start posting this horizontal one, it has many modern elements and flow nicely, it is super fun to perform.

We do not need to post videos of ourself doing it if we donā€™t want (also we have the trick a week thread for that), this is just about get inspired and learn some hard stuff all together!

And why not, I post also a tutorial I made not long ago for one of mine:

11 Likes

Dope idea. Iā€™ve been struggling to find any great tutorials that really push me and are actually great performers. Not that Iā€™m some incredible player yet, but most complex tutorials are just usually unnecessary tech, and have no good looking elements or fundamentals.

Mr Matio has a bunch of stuff Iā€™ve incorporated into my style and built on!

I keep up with the rewind daily tutorials too. I feel like learning to learn keeps me just sharp as learning the hard stuff itself.

I need to get involved in the UK meets tho. Idk if there are any.

3 Likes

Mate I live in London UK! We have quite a frequent amount of meetings usually in London or Brighton when itā€™s summer, there is also a scene up north with many other players, have a look at the facebook group BYYA, we are all active in UK and quite a good amount of people :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sweet! Just got on it.

Bet, Iā€™m in Notts now. Iā€™m in London all the time though. Might have to hit you up whenever Iā€™m free!

2 Likes

Well I think that most advanced players donā€™t need tutorials with handholding. They can learn from watching a pov of a players tricks or from freestyles. Trick a week is definitely aimed at more beginner and intermediate players. Here is a pov Iā€™ve been trying to learn some tricks from.

@yoyothomas also made a good tutorial for a pretty hard and cool Hunter Feuerstein trick

Also polo has some really hard tutorials and at the end he will show like an extra advanced variation thatā€™s even harder. I think you would really like some of the polo tuts so maybe browse a few. This one is like a single element vs most that are full tricks but itā€™s cool so hereā€™s an example thatā€™s like a laceration to a reverse dgt. At the end he shows a version that goes to pacman.

Also some of the caribou lodge tutorials are pretty hard not all of them but some are definitely like hard. Hereā€™s a sick sick sick zontal one that has like one of the sickest finger spin elements Iā€™ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Truuuuuth. Thanks for these!

I think thereā€™s a serious gap between needing handholding POV and just learning from peopleā€™s freestyles.

Iā€™m somewhere between the two which is mad frustrating.
So Iā€™ve defaulted to just making my own tricks, which I guess is the best thing anyway.

I just love getting inside the mind of my favourite players or tricks though.

2 Likes

I think it depends on what your goals are. I know that learning ditto routines is an amazing way to progress your skills even further. Just look at yoyothomas like the kid is 14 and freaking phenomenal at Yoyo.

Making tricks is definitely fun and good. Iā€™m all for it tbh but yeah like learning different players tricks will only help you expand your yocabulary and offers new insights on elements as well as full trick construction. Both will just benefit you when youā€™re working on making your own tricks.

I know Hunter Feuerstein learned the 4 finals routines of the players that beat him the week after worlds so like there is definitely merit to continuing to learn other ppls tricks.

1 Like

Ooo also I gotta add virtu_yosity for doing tuts on some takeshi tricks.

2 Likes
2 Likes