Half Swaps

We also have this existing topic, if you search for “swaps”

3 Likes

Once upon a time, YYJ made a yoyo called the Black Knight. It was a hybrid response, one side star burst, the other o-ring. I really disliked the star burst and traded it to another guy for his o-ring half. I am now the proud owner of probably the only full o-ring Black Knight.

6 Likes

The moonshine 2.0 is kinda like that too. Intentionally mismatched response sides.

1 Like

Im looking for a deaperado half swap next for my myy :wink:. Myy i think is half swap friendly​:joy:

3 Likes

I half swapped a metal skyva and a reggae skyva just to see. Some wobble but not as bad as you would think.

1 Like

Why don’t you come to your senses… :notes:

5 Likes

Get down from those fences!

4 Likes

I like it.

11 Likes

Oh I have these 2 Freehand Zeroes as well! Couple of awesome friends on these forums picked them up for me for Christmas :heart:

And my Nickelodeon Loop 2020!

16 Likes

the only ones that really work for me are my Panda MMCs and Grape : )

19 Likes

ooo panda! I love that name! :panda_face: – black / silver half swaps are the classiest :man_in_tuxedo:

5 Likes

The three half swaps I have on my desk right now, probably have more in my case.

11 Likes

Can half swapping yoyo cause vibe?

2 Likes

most likely not but some times yes it just depends on each side of the throw

2 Likes

I only traded the cups of a yoyo once in my life … doing the exact opposite of what you did. :grin:
Riccardo Fraolini and I purchased two YYF Skyline european edition (gold cup / blue cup) to make two … solid! :joy:
One gold, his and one blue, mine, which after so many vicissitudes today is so …

9 Likes

what’s the throw on the far left?

2 Likes

Wow the ano removed is intense. Never seen anything like this before

It’s a YoYoBrothers Voyage. It’s a criminally underrated throw, should deserve more love.

4 Likes

It mostly depends on the bearing seat. If it’s way too tight, when you first unscrew the yoyo it will cause some vibe and hence half swapping will induce vibe. But if it’s like one drop’s just perfect bearing seat, it likely wouldn’t induce any vibe at all

3 Likes

Both One Drops I’ve owned have had vibe. Don’t understand their claim of no vibe. Also don’t care about vibe.

1 Like