Half swap two different yo-yos!

I’ve stumbled across a new age of yoyo

image image

3 Likes

This is a half swap of two different yo-yos.
The first one is the WHiP and the Sage, the second is a Shutter and a Shutter Wide Angle. The weight distribution is… interesting. Definitely reccomend experimenting for yourself

3 Likes

What are your thoughts. What have you tried?

2 Likes

Y-factor X MMC20181208_132533

Mantis X Top Deck20181208_132520

3 Likes

I half swapped a popstar with a horizon a few years back. Very odd.

2 Likes

Interesting. A few weeks ago I was swapping bearings and whatever and when I threw something felt…weird…I had a 1/2 Sage 1/2 WHiP Frankenyo. I was afraid of messing something up so I put things together properly.

1 Like

Yeah, I did this experiment a while back expecting it to be unplayable, because we were discussing weight differences on the sides of yoyos… but it turns out to be 100% totally playable and not even that weird, if you pick yoyos that aren’t too wildly different :upside_down_face:

I did the Dread G (80g, large) and Crucible (50g, small) for maximum effect here:

https://forums.yoyoexpert.com/t/what-is-yo-yo-vibe-and-how-do-i-test-for-it/291714/5?u=codinghorror

2 Likes

Don’t know if a video exists but I read that a Duncan demonstrator in the 1950’s showed people how he could play with a wood with one side very, very, very large and one side normal because people with a lack of skills were claiming their yoyos were “unbalanced” which people still claim based on what I read in yoyo reviews in online stores.

2 Likes

Here is the Whiple Point.

5 Likes