Hajime Miura 4A video 2019 WYYC

Someone posted this over on reddit and I hadn’t seen this here yet. What an amazing display - so fun to hear the shell-shocked commentary!

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av63167625/

6 Likes

Hajime changed how we look at the 4A division! Such an incredible player and so humble.

11 Likes

Dude @AndreBoulay thanks for posting that video I couldn’t find a youtube upload this morning. Such an amazing thing to watch. Between his 3A and 4A this year I can’t even…

3 Likes

I’m saying it now. Hajime Miura is the greatest player of all time.

First to win in 2 main divisions last year and he just reshaped those 2 styles with his performances this year. Arguably the greatest freestyle of all time for both divisions.

3 Likes

Uhh…ummm…

:flushed:

:anguished:

2 Likes

The trick he launches at 4:30 on the youtube video and the crowd reaction was so crazy cool. I bet being there for that eruption was a really amazing experience.

2 Likes

Wow, that was really cool! I get the vibe that he did this just to innovate the competition and not because he thought he could win with it. Lots of repeated elements.

That announcer is a hype beast!

3 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty sure he knew what he was doing.

There’s no way he created that freestyle to maximize his chances of winning

2 Likes

Watching the podium announcement for 4a was funny, Rei and some of the other 4a competitors seemed surprised when they announced he won.

Makes me think that Rei might’ve been thinkin “did I really not make podium” when his name wasn’t announced for 2nd and 3rd :joy: he seemed completely shocked that he won

4 Likes

There seem to be a number of contenders for the title of GOAT. Yet another debate that will rage on forever, like in just about every sport there is.

1 Like

Shinji Saito, Takeshi Matsuura, and now Hajime are the only real contenders imo.

You could also argue Mickey too cuz 1a is the most competitive division and he is the GOAT of 1a

2 Likes

What, no love for Shu Takada or Hiroyuki Suzuki?

1 Like

Shinji is still greater than Shu imo and since they’re the same discipline I didn’t mention Shu.

And I did say Hiroyuki(Mickey) is in there too

1 Like

Oh, sorry, I didn’t know that Hiroyuki’s nickname was “Mickey”.

2 Likes

Yeah maybe if his name wasn’t Hiroyuki Suzuki I would bother to type it out :joy:

He missed the very last catch on purpose, so we wouldn’t suspect he’s not human!

Really, one of the most amazing performances of any kind I’ve ever seen! :exploding_head:

5 Likes

Opening line of the song: “Do you think I’m stupid?” He gives a raised eyebrow :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Could be nothing but, seems to me he’s telling the world that he knows exactly what he’s trying to do with this routine and it isn’t necessarily winning. Then, at the end he grabs his shirt that says “One is not enough” and throws it out.

2 Likes

I’d throw Rei in there too.

1 Like

Does anyone know what 4A yoyo Hajime used at Worlds this year?

1 Like

Rei definitely belongs on that list