Gyroscopic flop help (PLEASE READ)

When I do gyro flop it rotates like once then goes the other way. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

I’ve been having that problem too. I believe its our throw, it must not be strong enough and spins out because of all of the friction caused by the strings pushing against the sides of the yoyo : :slight_smile:

I don’t think it is my throw because when it goes the other way it still has a lot more spin left. I don’t know what it is! :o ;D :smiley:

First of all, which way are you doing it? From a trapeze or from either a plastic whip or houdini mount?

Also, I would recommend searching for “gyro flop help” or something like that. There’s other topics with tons of good information.

I do it the way Andre shows it in the videos on this website. :stuck_out_tongue:

try pulling harder and kindof moving u hand in a circle to keep it rotating

You just have to pull until the strings are tight. Then, you keep the yoyo around eye level, and don’t let the strings touch the yoyo. Thats all you need to know to do flops.

Make sure the string doesn’t touch the side.

first of all don’t pull 2 hard or 2 loose
while it’s rotating try not to make the strings touch the sides by doing circular motions with your hand that you pull with

I think your problem is that you don’t have a konkave bearing

KonKave’s don’t help me do Gyros at all.

Try doing it this way: do a trapeze. twist your non-throwhand index to where the string has a twist in it. Now pull the string closest to your throwhand. Gyro it up. Rock on. Yaaaa…
that is the way I do it, and it gives me great results. I personally think it is the easiest gyro to do!
Hope I helped! ;D

What exactly do you mean by this? Do you mean that after the yo-yo rotates from a flop, the next rotation will go the other way? If so, I think I know what you’re doing wrong. Never pause while you’re flopping, keep pulling the strings until you’re done. Does this help at all?

Yeah. They go much much slower with Koncaves.

+1, in fact I find them to actually make it a little more difficult.

Well, I just ordered a KK bearing to see if it will help me. I trying to learn this trick with a Dark Magic and Gator Floss string. We will see.

I have tried several different mounts to get this trick started, not sure if any particular mount is the best or not.

I have been out of yoyoing a for several years and just started getting back into it.

Lyle

The Koncave will almost indefinitely make it harder. The best way for front style is the plastic whip-ish version that André shows. Sidestyle the best is to do a houdini whip (or the first part of Kamikaze) then pop it up and miss the string it was sitting on.