Guess I’ll have to time travel to catch the drop

The drop was at 1am, but I received this email at 1:54am. Just hilarious.

4 Likes

I thought the Grail was retired?

Guess they needed to bring back their MVP after all the “bad press” :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

It’s like Kanye dropping a song after doing some wild sh*t lmao

7 Likes

Personally I’m over retirements. Albatross? Naw. Decade. Grail? Retired but special edition is still in production. What’s the point in retiring something.

All that to say bring the chief back lol

7 Likes

They’re doing an updated chief soon. @SammyCaboose

3 Likes

It’s not even a special edition of the Grail, it’s just an OG Grail, machined by OneDrop in the USA but they used a different anodiser and made special packaging for it. The specs of the yoyo and how the yoyo plays are exactly the same as the OG Grail.

1 Like

You can get a green one at least😅

1 Like

Hey. It’s time for you to give it a rest with your beef with A-RT. It’s really tedious. You’ve made your feelings known. People respect your opinion. Enough.

6 Likes

No, it’s completely ok to bring up how much you hate a-rt in every thread mentioning a-rt but please don’t bring up that John higby got $10,000 from yoyoers for a book he never made and incentivized with custom yyf yo-yos at different tiers.

Higby has made an update! My bad! Check his kickstarter for recent update 12/1/22

4 Likes

I just feel really honored that you felt strongly enough about this to make your first post on these forums a response to me :skull::skull::skull:

5 Likes

I think a lot of a-rt fans feel this way but don’t say anything because yye is very clicky and not worth the fight. I get lots of private messages thanking me for saying stuff that part of the community as given up on fighting for

3 Likes

Same… this forum is weird sometimes, but I get everyone not wanting to voice their opinion publicly or get in on potentially exhausting conversation. I got tons of messages of support for sticking up against A-RT’s BS when it was all going down.

The thing is, I see both sides… it’s hard NOT to love A-RT. It’s a complex situation. I grew up watching Jensen and Chuck, they were and still are my favorite throwers besides Guy Wright, they made an all time classic with the Grail, I own several A-RT throws still, the D7 looked like a MF BANGER of a yoyo (and probably is), and it takes some real resistance to not cop one of those new black Grails, they look incredible. I get the love and don’t hate on people who still support them. I think one of the reasons I was so vocal in speaking out against them initially was because I loved them so much - it’s like holding a friend or family accountable in a way. Seeing a company you love do shitty stuff is frustrating, and in my mind, I thought people should be aware of it and hold them accountable as well. I don’t have any beef with them, there wasn’t anything in my original post in the thread to suggest I did, and it was my first post on the topic in awhile. I wouldn’t have thrown my Grail today if I had beef with them lmao… I probably just won’t be supporting their business moving forward. :man_shrugging:

All love :heart:

8 Likes

I get lots of private messages thanking me for saying stuff that part of the community as given up on fighting for

everyone on the forum stood up and clapped for me (privately)

7 Likes

Yes because a-rt is universally hated on yye and if you show support then you have at least 3 people chiming in about why you shouldn’t like them. Im suprised @yoyospirit isnt on here to claim for the 3rd time that art is made in china now

thank you for your bravery on speaking up against the tyrannical yoyo thought police :saluting_face:

4 Likes

I made one comment speculating that I retracted and said was wrong :roll_eyes:. Not sure if you’re just miserable or something but grow up and stop acting like a child.

10 Likes

I find that being let down by yoyo companies (or individuals) is much less painful when you don’t worship any of them.

6 Likes

Where?

1 Like

Too late now:(

1 Like

Outside of that thread I haven’t seen anyone comment that a-rt shouldn’t be bought. Even in that thread I am not sure anyone encouraged people not to buy it seemed like it was mostly people saying they wouldn’t buy in the future and how let down they were. Everytime someone disagrees with something now it’s “cancelling”’. People have an opinion and that is kind of the purpose of a forum .

11 Likes

He made a snide comment that I never would have thought twice about until you highlighted it. So now after looking it up it is serious enough. I did need to know about it and make an informed decision about supporting the kind of douchebaggery A-art seems to be about. I completely understand why it is a big deal and something a polite society would not want to support or reward.

7 Likes