GTO restoration. Need help

My first metal yo yo was this GTO but it has seen better days. The weight rings have small cuts in them. If I remember correctly my cat used them as a toy while I was at school. It is incredibly dull and needs new pads. The axles threads are crushed in. Since that is what is used as a bearing post does that make it vibe more? I’m sure I could look up answers to all these questions but it seemed worthy of a post in my head.

Also could I play it without the weight rings and make it play responsive? Just an idea.

Edit. More questions
Can you get replacement stickers? Or other cool stickers that size? Does anyone make custom stickers?

The bearing is dead should I put a new konkave in it? Would half spec make a nice responsive yoyo.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by:

I bet you could find replacement o-rings, maybe even at a hardware store. Just take the old ones and the yoyo with you. You could also measure them with calipers, and search online.

I think it might be nice without o-rings and a 1/2 spec as a responsive yoyo.

Any thin C sized pad should work. Maybe on just one side.

Here are the Dif Pads, though Silicone might be better:

Maybe someone else can chime in with thin silicone pad recommendations.

If it spins, I wouldn’t worry about vibe.

I’m sure you could polish it up nice if you wanted to!

2 Likes

Thought this was about a Pontiac GTO for a second when I read the title. Probably my favorite as far as old muscle car rigs go

This is cool too though haha, good luck dude

1 Like

The o-rings are readily available at most any hardware store, but probably in black. In any event the yoyo was always meant to be played with or w/o them depending on personal preference.

1 Like