.555 .015 pads

Just got some used Dif-e-Yos on the BST that are in need of new pads. The Dif pads are a little to slippy for my tastes does anyone know of any other manufacturers still making this size? I know General Yo has .555 but only in thick which stick up over the recess. Thanks!

This is where I would end up pulling out the flowable silicone and diy it. Anything that has a non standard pad I generally end up diy cause delivery will take about as long to cure if not longer.

1 Like

That would usually be my go-to move as well but the recess is too shallow for flowable and ,it might be hard to see in this pic, it’s only recessed on the outside it actually steps down into the bearing seat.

1 Like

Try cleaning the pads with alcohol. That quite frequently revives them. Though now I see it appears you have already removed them from the pix.

2 Likes

That could be handy info for someone though thanks. I’m looking for an alternative to thin dif pads. I thought General Yo used to have some thin .555 pads but I don’t see them on the store now.

I don’t really know about the General Yo Pads stock anymore, but if you have some of the new FH1’s laying around, the white response stickers that come with it are a perfect OD and thickness for my Free-Rider. I just have to trim the ID to fit the C bearing.

1 Like

My project atm has 1 thin dif pad + 1 general-yo smooth thick pad which I had to trim to fit like thin pad + concave bearing. Plays perfectly and response is good, but next time I will probably just try to silicone it…

I saw those white pads in the store I wasn’t sure if those were the right size or not. Thanks for the tip I think I’ll order a pair and try them out!

1 Like

No problem. I suggest also only putting one on first to see how it plays. I found 1 to have enough grip for unresponsive play (black pad is a worn out old gen yo pad)